#31 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:36 AM

All of these reasons that are listed is why im shrugging this off. Its the preseason dont get hurt. But then again robert lester is garbage and i think the whole game wouldve been diff if he didnt wiff on that third down tackle when we blitzed

#32 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,012 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:38 AM

who wants to bet Bostonpats' zip code starts with 280?

#33 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,290 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:41 AM

I know this is tough for Carolina fans to believe, but the truth is, Bill really does not give a poo about the Panthers vs. other teams in the preseason.

This was not the Patriots getting all amped up, it was the Patriots executing. The Patriots defense is not the Panthers, but they were quite solid before losing 6 starters. They are now healthy and should be in the top 10, not the best, but if Gronk is back healthy, the Patriots will have an top 5 offense once again. Its preseason but its ok to give credit where credit is due, Patriots were the far superior team....not because the Panthers beat themselves.

Carolina had a nice season last year, now try doing that more than 1 year. By the way, Lafell is going to be the #4 receiver at best and #5 target overall. Carolina has no real receivers, only a good TE in Olsen. Make the playoffs a few years, have a winning season more than 1 year in a row before crowing about how great the team is.

i don't take kindly to fans of other teams coming in after a game to crow/talk trash about a "win" esp. when they didn't have the balls to come around before the game.

so....bye.

#34 Kelbin Venjamin

Kelbin Venjamin

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:42 AM

Did you guys see the look on Belidicks face when they ran the score up to 30? He simply couldn't contain that Grinch-like smile. Reminded me so much of  "When the Grinch Stole Christmas". I just wanted to reach through my TV screen and punch his face. Anyhow I warned the Huddle that he would be out for revenge, and that this game did mean a lot to the Patriots ...and judging from the atmosphere...their fans as well. Bellicheat is full of psychological games. The over- involvement of Lafell was DEFINITELY a mind game.  That being said, Rivera, I believe, did the right thing to stay the course and use this game for evaluation purposes by bringing in our 2nd and 3rd string like he originally planned. The backups, especially needed to see where the bar needed to be set for the level of their performance. Sort of a reality check.  Lastly,if Cam is ,as he said , is not a sliding kind of quarterback or whatever (do not have the quote) he better not be an "exposing his back in a fetal position" type of quarterback either. It appears to me that dude went after his ribs/back with his knees. That would be in perfect character with a Bullyslick team. Right in line with leg whips, etc.

#35 Jangler

Jangler

that funky feeling to get you through

• HUDDLER
  • 47,841 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:45 AM

So can we crown the Patriots the World Champions of Pre-season?

#36 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

#FireShula

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,388 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:48 AM

Don't worry we'll see them again in the playoffs

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#37 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,228 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:53 AM

I thank New England to continue to make me realize our run game will be simple to defend pooh. I mean the most basic, less talented teams get better run action than we do. Our runs seem to go into a defense's teeth and not run toward daylight.. Or simply the weak side.

Also I just do not understand why on third and short Cam is holding the ball to wait for a deep route to develop. I envy the quick pass game the Pats employ. That scheme on offense would let Cam thrive and take less hits.

I feel like we are treading water with Mike Shula at the controls.

#38 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:00 AM

Nice little wake up call, I'm not overly worried about this, but a couple position groups looked kinda awful

#39 Jangler

Jangler

that funky feeling to get you through

• HUDDLER
  • 47,841 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:01 AM

yeah we can run the ball up our own ass just fine, so let do that all preseason...

#40 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:02 AM

I thank New England to continue to make me realize our run game will be simple to defend pooh. I mean the most basic, less talented teams get better run action than we do. Our runs seem to go into a defense's teeth and not run toward daylight.. Or simply the weak side.

Also I just do not understand why on third and short Cam is holding the ball to wait for a deep route to develop. I envy the quick pass game the Pats employ. That scheme on offense would let Cam thrive and take less hits.

I feel like we are treading water with Mike Shula at the controls.

The run game was good last week, keep in mind the right side of our line didnt play last night

#41 gettlemanjack

gettlemanjack

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:02 AM

Mel Kiper just gave his official Super Bowl prediction on ESPN Radio: Patriots vs Seahawks with Patriots winning it all

#42 Brit-Panther

Brit-Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

Don't worry we'll see them again in the playoffs

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

So you mean the Super Bowl then...

#43 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,853 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:06 AM

Slow starts aren't just a Rivera thing, it's been happening for a long time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#44 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,228 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:06 AM

The run game was good last week, keep in mind the right side of our line didnt play last night

Im talking about ALL last season.. And seeing nothing different this preseason with that shotgun handoff inside zone run.

#45 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,198 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

meh. i'm over it. preseason game. if new england wanted "retribution" in a preseason game then lol at that organization.

got two weeks to get ready for real football.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com