Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dswofford

Mr. Richardson did flex muscles regarding Hardy

And he wasn't going to have it any other way.

PHOENIX -- Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson made it clear on Monday that it was his decision not to try to re-sign defensive end Greg Hardy, now a member of the Dallas Cowboys.

"Whose call would you think that would be?'' Richardson told ESPN.com at the NFL owners meetings.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12544947/carolina-panthers-owner-jerry-richardson-my-call-not-keep-greg-hardy

Jerry Richardson or Jerry Jones?

I can't tell the difference

Im sure, but felt it needed to be posted due to the banter back and forth of whether it was Richardson or Gettleman.  Clear the air type thing. 

I don't like distractions in business either. Sorry if it's unpopular, and I know Greg is a terrific talent. But I don't like people that interrupt my status quo in my business life either.

Regardless of a dismissal - the distraction created by the surroundings he made for himself are going to cause an old school NFL owner to get pissed.

good for JR. if it's that important to him (and I'm glad that it is), then it's absolutely appropriate to take that stand.

Jerry Richardson or Jerry Jones?

I can't tell the difference

Considering Jerry Richardson booted Greg Hardy and Jerry Jones signed him, I would try another analogy.

I don't think many doubted that he had influence if and when he wanted to - the guy's the owner.  I think people are mistaken at how often he inserts himself into the process, which is likely only in rare cases like this one.  Maybe he did it more in the past, but those days are clearly over.