Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week 3 Intriguing Matchups

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Just list some games you are excited to see this weekend. Mine are...

Tennessee at Florida- Of course I want to see this because I want as many points scored against Kiffin who couldn't keep his mouth shut this offseason.

Florida State at BYU-Can BYU keep their BCS hopes alive?

Nebraska at Virginia Tech- Good ranked matchup. Good to see Nebraska back in national prominence.

Any others you guys are interested in?

I just don't understand this. Why has everyone been so up-in-arms over Kiffin's statements? When he said he'd be singing Rocky Top all night after beating Florida this year, he was obviously just trying to rally a room full of fans. What coach doesn't sell an idea like that to his players/fans? Kiffin's speech just got aired on every TV outlet in the world.

As for mentioning that Meyer had violated a recruiting rule by calling Nu'keese Richardson while he was on his official visit to Tennessee, he was again...talking to a room full of Tennessee fans. He was mistaken about the violation, but still, he hadn't even called to "report" Meyer. He was simply trying to motivate a depressed fanbase. Turns out, it isn't a RULE, it is just in bad taste to call a recruit while they are on a visit to another school.

Why is it so taboo to try and motivate your home fans? Get over it!

Now, on a separate note...Tennessee has a 0% chance of keeping this game close. Jonathan Crompton is simply the worst QB to EVER play at Tennessee. We have backups, but they won't throw them in for their first game against the best team in the country. I fear a brutal beat down this weekend. Tennesse should not throw the ball more than like five times in the entire game.

Posted · Report post

I just don't understand this. Why has everyone been so up-in-arms over Kiffin's statements? When he said he'd be singing Rocky Top all night after beating Florida this year, he was obviously just trying to rally a room full of fans. What coach doesn't sell an idea like that to his players/fans? Kiffin's speech just got aired on every TV outlet in the world.

As for mentioning that Meyer had violated a recruiting rule by calling Nu'keese Richardson while he was on his official visit to Tennessee, he was again...talking to a room full of Tennessee fans. He was mistaken about the violation, but still, he hadn't even called to "report" Meyer. He was simply trying to motivate a depressed fanbase. Turns out, it isn't a RULE, it is just in bad taste to call a recruit while they are on a visit to another school.

Why is it so taboo to try and motivate your home fans? Get over it!

Now, on a separate note...Tennessee has a 0% chance of keeping this game close. Jonathan Crompton is simply the worst QB to EVER play at Tennessee. We have backups, but they won't throw them in for their first game against the best team in the country. I fear a brutal beat down this weekend. Tennesse should not throw the ball more than like five times in the entire game.

Not taboo at all. I just advise you keep your mouth shut about Florida. Especially a first year head coach with a less than average football team. He can say what he wants, he just needs to understand that Urban Meyer takes any extra motivation he can get to hang a lot of points on you. That is all.

Posted · Report post

Ladies and Gentlemen - playing the role of 2006 and 8 Oregon St. and 2007 Stanford - the Washington Huskies.

Posted · Report post

Another great weekend of college football.

And now we have night games. WOOOO