Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Drat. Car Won't Start

24 posts in this topic

alternator

Well the battery definately is delivering a weak power source to the starter. Could be a bad battery, bad connection at the battery or at the starter or main vehicle ground source. Could be a battery draw when the car is shut off, such as trunk light, or bad relay etc.

Alternator not charging generally will throw a dash warning light while you're driving.

Take it to a local repair shop and tell them your starter fluid reservoir is empty. Once they fill it up it should crank right up. Let me know how it turns out.

I used to work on cars. I was telling him in case he didn't know.

That's the Meat we all know and love.

Sorry for doubting you bruh :D

Appears the battery just doesn't have enough juice to start the car.

Trying to get a replacement today.

That's the Meat we all know and love.

Sorry for doubting you bruh :D

My dad ran a racing series in Florida and I helped him for like six months. I've replaced more batteries (and changed oil more times) than I care to remember.

My dad ran a racing series in Florida and I helped him for like six months. I've replaced more batteries (and changed oil more times) than I care to remember.

I hear ya, I grew up in a repair shop.

Sunday I'll be putting a new starter, transmission, clutch, idle control valve, and power steering pump on my car.

It's gonna be schweet!

Where were you guys when I needed you? :sosp:

Oh, yeah well I swapped out shorted out sparkplug wires that were causing my misfire that the shop said would cost a grand to fix. LOLOL

Oh, yeah well I swapped out shorted out sparkplug wires that were causing my misfire that the shop said would cost a grand to fix. LOLOL

That's pretty sweet.