• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 Mock Drafts

pantherj

On 4/23/2024 at 8:14 AM, Leaky_Faucet said:

The Faucet’s Only Mock

Xavier Legette would be my selection for the Panthers at No. 33- However, I don’t think he makes it past the Ravens or Chiefs on Day 1.

In my scenario, the Chargers offer Carolina 37, 110, 140 to move to pick 33 to draft Jer’Zhan Newton to start the 2nd round. On Day 3, the Panthers trade back again as the Jaguars move up to 142 in exchange for 153 and 212.

37. Zach Frazier (C) – West Virginia

The twice All-American center has anchored the center of West Virginia’s OL since 2021. Frazier is a big, nasty, physical blocker who can play downhill and move people against their will. With the only Center being Austin Corbett who missed most of last season due to injury (and who has yet to play Center in the NFL), Frazier gives the Panthers a solid option to compete for the starting role right away.

39. Troy Franklin (WR)- Oregon

Franklin brings height (6’3”) but lacks the size only weighing in around 180lbs. He has the ability to get open fast and is a deep threat down the field. In an offense that will be Play Action focused, Franklin’s speed will give the Panthers a home-run threat and explosive weapon.

65. Edgerrin Cooper (LB)- Texas A&M

Cooper is very explosive and has demonstrated the ability to control the field horizontally. He is an interesting depth piece that can sit behind Thompson and Jewell this year as he develops into a long-term starter and potentially replacing one of them in the near future.

101. Renardo Green (CB)- Florida State

Green hasn’t exactly blown anyone away with turnovers, but he has played physical and has no problem wrapping up or playing down hill against the run.

110. Cade Stover (TE)- Ohio State

Stover has been a solid pass catcher for the Buckeyes the last two years. He has demonstrated the ability to get open in the 2nd level. While likely not a sure starter, he will probably compete with Tremble for the starting role down the stretch of the season.

140. Brendan Rice (WR)- USC

Solid route runner and son of NFL Legend, Jerry Rice. Panthers double dip at WR. At 6’3” and 210 lbs, Rice brings some much-needed size into the WR room.

141. Maason Smith (DI)- LSU

A very large and versatile guy, he can move around the defensive line and can even play the outside if needed in some situations. He adds valuable depth behind Brown, Robinson, and Tuttle.

153. Cody Schrader (RB)- Missouri

At 5’9” and 215lbs, he is as physical as they come. He managed to run for 1600 yards and 14 TDs in the SEC last season.

212. Myles Murphy (DI)- North Carolina

He fits the defensive end role perfectly for a 3-4. Will make for solid depth competition in the front rotation.

240. Joe Milton III (QB)- Tennessee

Milton is 6’5” and 235lbs. He has showcased some impressive athleticism and speed. I would not be surprised if he sits on this offense as a Taysom Hill type and holding various special roles.

Probably my favorite draft I've seen recently. I'm gonna be pretty disappointed if they don't go center early banking on Corbett to stay healthy or even be good at center seems risky especially considering how much money they just dumped into RG and LG

Lot of people hate Frankin but he's my top pick at WR. And for people worried about him not being physical enough that's what Brendan Rice and the TEs are for. Mingo and TMJ definitely have the size for it.

@Leaky_Faucet Nice draft.  

I'm not in tune with Renardo Green but love the direction.  Frazier seems like an awesome guy and fantastic C prospect.  

Franklin and Rice compliment each other well and make a lot of sense.  And I'm a big fan of Stover - Sinnett is the popular choice for many but I think Stover is maybe a notch above.  

Schroeder is an underrated prospect.  Physical, best pass-protecting RB in the country, can catch (not a huge pass catcher, but can be effective), would be great for Bryce.  

On 4/16/2024 at 5:40 PM, Basbear said:

Im going to stand with this one until draft, its my best even if the WR is walker...*got in the 4th and sanders is/should be a top target for young too...makes up somewhat. Just how it fell, Barton is a dream being the only C with a 1st, chop lasted until 39 another dream, and got a future starter in huddle draft fav eichenburg. One issue can be the CB, but its impossible to fix every need with only 7 picks and not more early ones. Thomas was a BPA, wanted a WR, but at that point (240) the next few picks then its UDFA tunderdome. Pick the best and sign some WRs and CBs as UDFAs. 5424611_Screenshot2024-04-165_31_31PM.thumb.png.2c45a92659ca19e90d0666152be02a6a.png1427013425_Screenshot2024-04-165_31_50PM.thumb.png.ffc182df596bf73daff9607e74690e14.png

Noooo my chop steal!!!! 

21st to the phins....

new mock following last night's first round and our (not great, imo, considering what was available) trade up and pick at 32

PFN_Draft_result_1714139880620.thumb.png.92322042e71472222450d8a70ad4468d.png

JPJ at 39 feels like a no brainer (LBs Cooper and Wilson went back-to-back at 55/56)

Corley at 65 feels like "making up" for the XL pick. if we're going to see what BY can do, he needs receivers that can separate (and are going to be here for more than one more season). this pick felt no brainer-ish as well... Malik Washington, who I think would fill the same void went at 100

Trotter at 101 isn't necessarily what I'd pick, but if we haven't gotten an ILB to this point and he's there staring at us, seems like the pick our ex-stud MLB turned GM would make. I've fallen in love with Cade Stover here recently as he'd be a nice, long-term security blanket for BY, but TE is not the need ILB is

Lloyd at 142 gives another offensive weapon and a drafted RB. panthers have to get with the times and stop drafting RBs early and/or paying their second contracts. Kitano Oladapo and Jonah Elliss were both still available here, and I wouldn't mind either

Kamara at 200 adds depth to OLB. I've liked him since starting to follow draft prospects this year, but before last night's trade, it was hard grabbing him with the picks available. Pick 200 helps. Ainias Smith was still available here, and he's a late round, gadgety WR I've liked for a while. TE Dallin Holker was also available and could add some competition to the TE room

Sam Hartman? poo, meet wall. If we could grab a career back up on a rookie deal, why not?

gonna spend the rest of the day coming to terms with not only our first pick being XL, but trading up for it 🙃 right move for the 5th year option, wrong move on the player. also, can this team find a poker face? good lord...