Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nctarheel0619

The Rivalry: Carolina vs Duke 8 PM EST ESPN. It's a Holiday in the Triangle.

Recommended Posts



Duke hits 13 3s and Heels miss 8 free throws 10-18.  Berry was off most of the night and no Hicks.  Carolina was still right there.  Enjoy the spoils for tonight, see you again soon Duke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2017 at 3:51 PM, Kakarot said:

Meh.

Ive got no problems with Carolina. Actually rooted for them before the CP3 years. Became a Wake fan due to CP3 and growing up playing ball with all them at the YMCA. Everything about Duke rubs me the wrong way. I strongly dislike them and will always root against them.

After living in Durham, about equidistant from both Duke and UNC; the UNC fans began to wear on me. Mostly because most UNC fans in the state have no affiliation to the school other than that's where their tax dollars go and that my friend is irritating.

Seems justice is about to be served when UNC agrees to play football in Boone at Appalachian State. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

After living in Durham, about equidistant from both Duke and UNC; the UNC fans began to wear on me. Mostly because most UNC fans in the state have no affiliation to the school other than that's where their tax dollars go and that my friend is irritating.

Seems justice is about to be served when UNC agrees to play football in Boone at Appalachian State. 

LOLZ, how long ago did you live in Durham?  It's just as bad right now between both fan bases.  There are so many "I have zero to do with Duke but root for them" fans it's hilarious.  State fans are just as bad asking if Duke or UNC fans Graduated from Duke or UNC.  

And lastly, really?  Irrelevant App State?  That's hilarious.  I'm sure you were confident when Miami played you too.  What happened?  FYI, not a UNC fan.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nctarheel0619 said:

LOLZ, how long ago did you live in Durham?  It's just as bad right now between both fan bases.  There are so many "I have zero to do with Duke but root for them" fans it's hilarious.  State fans are just as bad asking if Duke or UNC fans Graduated from Duke or UNC.  

And lastly, really?  Irrelevant App State?  That's hilarious.  I'm sure you were confident when Miami played you too.  What happened?  FYI, not a UNC fan.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A person shouldn't have to attend a college to root for them. Look at WVU, Kentucky or Alabama. The entire state roots for those teams and it's not because they went to school there. In NC there is just  a surplus of division 1 schools so most just pick one they take a liking too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




On 2/14/2017 at 4:20 PM, nctarheel0619 said:

LOLZ, how long ago did you live in Durham?  It's just as bad right now between both fan bases.  There are so many "I have zero to do with Duke but root for them" fans it's hilarious.  State fans are just as bad asking if Duke or UNC fans Graduated from Duke or UNC.  

And lastly, really?  Irrelevant App State?  That's hilarious.  I'm sure you were confident when Miami played you too.  What happened?  FYI, not a UNC fan.  

I was at the Miami game and there were many...many...many blown coverages. It really was as simple as Mark Richt calling plays and there being next to nothing to prepare for as a result. (He didn't call plays at Georgia). An iffy holding call on a 79 yard run for a TD in the first quarter didn't help. And...Miami was the better team. 

The point I was making is that UNC will be playing in Boone. Need I remind you that App finished as the highest ranked FBS program in North Carolina according to some publications, over UNC. Deal with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

I was at the Miami game and there were many...many...many blown coverages. It really was as simple as Mark Richt calling plays and there being next to nothing to prepare for as a result. (He didn't call plays at Georgia). An iffy holding call on a 79 yard run for a TD in the first quarter didn't help. And...Miami was the better team. 

The point I was making is that UNC will be playing in Boone. Need I remind you that App finished as the highest ranked FBS program in North Carolina according to some publications, over UNC. Deal with it. 

UNC will finally be playing with the big boys huh?  Haha.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2017 at 2:44 PM, CPcavedweller said:

After living in Durham, about equidistant from both Duke and UNC; the UNC fans began to wear on me. Mostly because most UNC fans in the state have no affiliation to the school other than that's where their tax dollars go and that my friend is irritating.

Such dumb logic...I'm born and raised in the triangle but went to school in Cali. So you telling me I can't root for Duke bc I didn't go there? Your clearly not from the piedmont or eastern NC. 

Or wait even better my homie can't be a panthers fans bc he's not from NC nor does he live here. 

IMG_1371.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2017 at 11:03 PM, Camp Fodder said:

A person shouldn't have to attend a college to root for them. Look at WVU, Kentucky or Alabama. The entire state roots for those teams and it's not because they went to school there. In NC there is just  a surplus of division 1 schools so most just pick one they take a liking too

This thread is full on full retard. 

Next time some dipshit loser asks you why you pull for a college team of a college in which you didn't attend - ask them why they pull for a professional team that they don't play for or work for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×