Saca312

Score Predictions: CAR Home VS BUF

The Panthers face off against the Bills this week at home. Of course, everyone likes to predict what will happen before it actually happens because football.

So, considering that, here's a few thoughts for the game:

- Bills o-line and defensive front four are formidable. Will be a test for us on both sides of the ball. However, both our o-line and d-line is formidable as well, so expect that to even out a bit.

- Bills #1 is really Zay Jones for now. In terms of weapons, San Francisco has better weapons in the passing game & OC. Bills have a better QB, o-line, and RB. Panthers run defense should feast.

- Bills front four is solid, but their linebackers not so much. Bad in coverage. Expect us to test guys like CMC and Samuel against them a lot, as both are very good down the middle.

- Overall, Panthers match up very well, as our strengths are their biggest weaknesses to cover, and our strengths cover their strengrhs.

- Bills fans are very optimistic and think the Panthers suck. Some are remaining rational, but some are in lala land. https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/196287-bills-carolina-predict-the-score/

Overall I was more confident facing the bills than the 49ers, and look what we did to the 49ers.

Even so, I'll stick with what I originally thought before week one:

Panthers 38

Bills 9

A big ol' blowout.

Your predictions?

• Pie 4

I was going to say 30-10, but your score wouldn't surprise me either in the slightest.  Hopefully no injuries.

Oh alright, I'll play. 27-10 Panthers. I think the Bills will hang for a quarter or so. But once we start separating, they get nervous and give up FGs trying for TDs. But it doesn't work, and they never really poise a threat.

• Pie 2

My feeling is that this game is going to be a lot of ground and pound from both sides. Although McDermott is a rookie head coach and will make mistakes, he won't be making as much as Shanahan did. My biggest fear is that Taylor's gonna be looking more like old Cam by picking up key downs with his legs while the real Cam continues with his misfires. If Butler is able to go, even with limited snaps, that may stymie that factor.

20-16 Panthers but the game's going to look ugly.

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

In terms of weapons, San Francisco has better weapons in the passing game & OC. Bills have a better QB, o-line, and RB. Panthers run defense should feast.

Your logic here escapes me.

What about your statement suggests that our run defense should feast?

I expect us to win, but if they have a good o-line as stated by you, along with a great running back, those certainly are not logical reasons why our defense "will feast".

• Beer 2

4 hours ago, Marguide said:

Your logic here escapes me.

What about your statement suggests that our run defense should feast?

I expect us to win, but if they have a good o-line as stated by you, along with a great running back, those certainly are not logical reasons why our defense "will feast".

The fact they have an unreliable passing game makes them most likely to be run-centric. That keeps them one dimensional and therefore helps our D out.

• Pie 1

We're going to score more than we did in SF, but Buffalo is a better team.  Buoyed by Bill Polian's 50% fan base, the Bills manage to put a ten spot on the Panthers, but it won't be enough as we cruise to a 27-10 victory.

• Pie 1

Look, I understand homerism, but any football fan who legitimately thinks Tyrod is a better QB than Cam is on a whole other level. 

Quote from the forum OP linked to: 

personally I don't think Cam is as smart and can execute a game plan like Tyrod and the Bills can.

You mean the same Tyrod whom Buffalo doesn't even believe in? The Tyrod they benched for EJ Manuel? The Tyrod that two different GMs have refused to give a franchise-QB-contract to?  That Tyrod is smarter and executes better than a MVP QB who almost singlehandedly led his team to the Super Bowl when Tyrod's team hasn't even sniffed January football? 

Yeah, ok. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2