ThPantherFan

VFW and American Legion speakout about protest

See Todd Starnes article on Fox, "The Veterans of Foreign Wars and the American Legion issued blistering condemnations of the National Football League – calling recent protests against the national anthem disrespectful, misguided and ungrateful."

Talk about being caught in the middle.  Many of you have probably read my posts in Jeremy's All Pro.  Where do I now take a stand?  I understand both sides of this issue.  As I have said, I fought for ALL Americans so you can have the freedom to protest.  Patriotism is very important to any country and to me.  Hard to make this decision.  Boycott or not?  This hurts my very soul.TPF

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, PantherBrew said:

News flash.  Old white men are mad at young, black, wealthy men protesting.  

Lol haters gonna hate.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, PantherBrew said:

News flash.  Old white men are mad at young, black, wealthy men protesting.  

Well, relatively speaking, the players aren't all that wealthy compared to the owners. This is more of an issue of "the help" not knowing their role.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

The flag and anthem will win in the end over the relative few that don't even know what they're protesting.  The league will not recover until all are standing for the anthem on every sideline and every game.

Translation-the league is about to free fall off a cliff.

• Pie 7

1 minute ago, Nails said:

The flag and anthem will win in the end over the relative few that don't even know what they're protesting.  The league will not recover until all are standing for the anthem on every sideline and every game.

How do you know players don’t know what they’re protesting?

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Nails said:

Nice try, Donald.