CatfanMO

Canceled NFL Sunday Ticket

5 minutes ago, twylyght said:

It took the first preseason game when he was in the SF gear.  In the prior two preseason games, he was in street clothes and the news story was that he was sulking.

so where is the PR stunt?

2 minutes ago, Gazi said:

so where is the PR stunt?

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/11/12869726/colin-kaepernick-national-anthem-protest-seahawks-brandon-marshall-nfl

The August 28th entry was pretty telling.  A couple weeks later, he did a donation of $1M.  Not a small thing, but one wonders about the timing.  Nonetheless, this was an actual and meaningful sacrifice that didn't get nearly the coverage.  For whatever reason, Americans love their token gestures.

18 minutes ago, twylyght said:

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/11/12869726/colin-kaepernick-national-anthem-protest-seahawks-brandon-marshall-nfl

The August 28th entry was pretty telling.  A couple weeks later, he did a donation of $1M.  Not a small thing, but one wonders about the timing.  Nonetheless, this was an actual and meaningful sacrifice that didn't get nearly the coverage.  For whatever reason, Americans love their token gestures.

What about the timing?

On 9/28/2017 at 10:56 AM, Davidson Deac II said:

Directv gave me Sunday ticket free for this year when I canceled HBO after GOT was done.  I took it, but  I have yet to watch it.  Spent last sunday at the game, and the week before that, we went out after the Panthers/Buffalo game was done.  I doubt I will keep it though.  Just don't care enough about the other games to do much beyond read NFL.com about the results. 

Hell, I do not even do that.

If DirecTV offered the streaming package to everyone instead of discriminating against me for where I live, and if they offered a one team package the way the NBA does them my hard earned money.  My money is not good enough for them it seems.

On 9/28/2017 at 4:57 PM, CatfanMO said:

In that same note, you dont bite the hand that feeds you either. Maybe all the players should just not play. That might cut in to their wallet though. So their own beliefs are not that important? That would be a better protest. Stand for the anthem then kneel during the game and refuse to play

I know that this is totally off topic, but I wish the Bucs and Dolphins would do this for their match-up on what should be their bye week.  NBA players have done it recently in nationally televised games to protest back-to-backs and whatnot and it led to a change in the schedule.

It would never happen in the NFL though.  That is what happens with non-guaranteed contracts.

3 hours ago, rodeo said:

Uq5zUbG.jpg

At least they're doing it on their own time

well they don't make 11 million dollars

they served and are more 'murican than those bla-- I mean pampered athletes 

maga

• Pumpkin Spice Latte 1

Probably acted a little too hastily; especially if the panthers go on and have a great season. Will be spending more at bars then you would've on Sunday ticket

• Pie 1

On 10/7/2017 at 8:34 PM, AggieLean said:

Probably acted a little too hastily; especially if the panthers go on and have a great season. Will be spending more at bars then you would've on Sunday ticket

Nah, I can stream it of off sites. Talk about taking a stand against the NFL! lol

18 minutes ago, CatfanMO said:

Nah, I can stream it of off sites. Talk about taking a stand against the NFL! lol

So you're watching the NFL. lol 

Such strong convictions.

• Pie 5

31 minutes ago, CatfanMO said:

So the NFL players are protesting legally and peacefully, and you are protesting them by breaking federal laws.

• Pie 8