Jeremy Igo

Vegas shooter researched other cities, venues...

20 hours ago, pantherj said:

Here is what could have happened. Vegas shooter has lost a lot of money to Vegas. He decides to damage Vegas as much as possible. Shooting rampage and his death. It's probably that simple.

Then he wouldn't have checked out the other cities. 

• Pie 1

Could be a reach, but could him checking other cities be way to throw the trail off as far as motive goes in some way?......It just seems that if you had a motive, (im pretty sure he did, but what who knows?) you would want to make a point. If you wanted to make a point, you wouldn't deliberately try to take steps to disguise it though....

1 hour ago, Cat said:

Then he wouldn't have checked out the other cities. 

At this point, it appears that he just wanted to pick a venue that allowed him to cause the most casualties.  As horrific as it may seem, there is a little part of me that wonders if he just wanted to get his name in the record books?

6 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

At this point, it appears that he just wanted to pick a venue that allowed him to cause the most casualties.  As horrific as it may seem, there is a little part of me that wonders if he just wanted to get his name in the record books?

Maybe so. It's hard to figure out why crazy people do crazy things, even harder when they are dead. I personally don't care why he did it. I just want to find ways to keep these things from happening again. Clearly he needed mental help. And clearly the tools he used to carry out the task were incredibly efficient. We have to find away to keep such deadly tools out of peoples hands and of course get help for people with mental issues.  Of course we already knew all of this and have said it 100 times.

Edited by Cat
  • Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Cat said:

Maybe so. It's hard to figure out why crazy people do crazy things, even harder when they are dead. I personally don't care why he did it. I just want to find ways to keep these things from happening again. Clearly he needed mental help. And clearly the tools he used to carry out the task were incredibly efficient. We have to find away to keep such deadly tools out of peoples hands and of course get help for people with mental issues.  Of course we already knew all of this and have said it 100 times.

IMG_20171004_170955.jpg

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, Cat said:

It appears that he was very good at hiding his issues.  I don't think its physically possible to identify every crazy person who might do something like this.  I also think that if a crazy but clever person decides to do something like this, (especially a rich one), then its very difficult to stop them.  Perhaps we should try to ensure its not easy for them though.  

1 minute ago, Gazi said:

IMG_20171004_170955.jpg

The Presidents news source. 

6 hours ago, heel31ok said:

what the fyck man? hate is hate. cans of the ruling blood or a few people looking for escape from assholes like this?? 

this was terrorism plain and simple and sadly giving a playbook to the world. 

surprised it took this long

23 hours ago, Cat said:

Heard an interesting story on NPR on the way home from work today.  

http://www.npr.org/2017/10/06/556230513/trying-to-better-detect-potential-mass-shooters-after-las-vegas

One of the experts was saying something similar, that many of these guys do this to one up the last guy.  And that its likely to expect a copycat, repeat performance at some point in the not to distant future.  

Dr. Reid Meloy is a forensic psychologist at the University of California, San Diego. He studies what's called targeted violence. That includes mass shootings. And he has little doubt that what happened here in Las Vegas will eventually inspire copycats.

MELOY: You see them identify with and wanting to be like individuals that have carried out these notorious acts and then have achieved a level of fame and notoriety that they've never had in their own lives.

KASTE: They identify with previous attackers, but they also feel an urge to surpass them. And Meloy says the media can sometimes intensify this sense of competition.

MELOY: The greatest cringe moment for me has been the characterization of this as somewhat of a scorecard.

KASTE: Meloy wishes the media wouldn't focus so much on an attacker's innovations - in Las Vegas, his use of modified rifles and high vantage point. Dramatic-sounding terms such as lone wolf are also a problem. But Meloy is less worried about the use of the attacker's actual name. Some outlets like CNN now have policies of leaving out the killer's name, but Meloy says that really doesn't matter as much as other factors.

MELOY: The visual imagery is much more important - the individual's face, looping the event over and over again, the panic on the part of the victims and the rapid fire of the weapons that he was using.

Edited by Davidson Deac II