Yaboychris28

Louis Riddick comments on Panthers passing game

If you doubt the power of playcalling look no further than what McVay has done in LA this year.

• Pie 1

I'd much rather have Riddick as GM than Hurney....

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

Shula has moments, maybe even brief streaks, of brilliance when it comes to playcalling and gameplanning, no doubt. Unfortunately though those are more the exception and less the rule.

That's pretty much the equivalent of throwing poo at the wall and seeing what sticks

1 hour ago, pantherphan96 said:

not surprised we are running day 1 install routes when half our WRs were cut before training camp. good thing we didnt pick up a veteran WR before the playoffs. 

but lets all poo on Cam for his bad game right?

Funny thing is, you had quite a few of us wanting the panthers to atleast look at some of the veteran WR free agents. The ones who were the first to criticize after Sunday’s game either acted all snooty towards the list, or were saying we were good with what we had.

Edited by AggieLean
  • Pie 2

3 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Funny thing is, you had quite a few of us wanting the panthers to atleast look at some of the veteran WR free agents. The ones who were the first to criticize after Sunday’s game either acting all snooty towards the list, or were saying we were good with what we had.

remember arguing with someone who was convinced that we were better with our current WRs and didnt want us to at least work out an experienced WR like Kerley.

• Pie 1

well that explains a lot. 1st day route? Cam was injured and didn't throw those. no wonder he was off.

Yeah, short of Funchess, most of our WR corps hasn't even been with the team all season. Except for Shepard and he's proven to be, well, underwhelming.

We may be running basic routes because it is about all they can make sure these guys can do and be in the right place when Cam looks for them. At some point this season, each of these guys, except Shepard, were ones where the coaching staff put a pink slip in the guy's locker and said, sorry, you didn't make the team. Think about that. 

That's what injuries and lack of effort brought our receiving corps to. We'll make it work, I hope, somehow.

• Pie 1

My thoughts on the passing game: 

1. Agree with Riddick about the separation and routes. It drives me crazy when I see other teams scheme to get their playmakers in space and we set them up to be tackled right when they catch the ball. 

2. We have the most dangerous QB in the league and we almost never run bootlegs or rollouts. The only time that we run a bootleg is on short yardage once every 4 games. 

3. Deep balls to not speedy receivers. Short WRs screens to not fast WRs.

4. Cam didn't look disinterested, just frustrated and trying too much. When he tries too much is when he starts throwing INTs. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MCC said:

I'd much rather have Riddick as GM than Hurney....

And he has that look of "i can't believe this guy is their OC and has been"

If he would fire Hurney it'd be worth hiring Riddick for that reason alone. If he didn't hit on a single draft pick in 3 years it'd still be an upgrade.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Cam didn't look disinterested, just frustrated and trying too much. When he tries too much is when he starts throwing INTs. 

Honestly he did and does sometimes, we shouldn't shy away from that. Here is why he looks like that:

Shula is his OC and Cam knows he's a moron.

He had to yell at Rivera to go for obvious 4th downs so he knows Rivera is a pussy little bitch and Cam is 90%+ on 4th downs when he runs for it and his HC shows 0 trust in him.

He gets trash talked hard by everyone and knows that he has nothing to work with so it sucks, say what you want but he's human and that poo would get to anyone.

They know that Rivera isn't smart and you can see some of the cracks and displays of disrespect our players have for Rivera at this point. Olsen was animated on that challenge on the drop but drag swag play because he is so used to Rivera being a clueless twat that he knew that Rivera was wasting a challenge/TO because that's what he always fugin does. That time it worked out and it's one of the few where it did and the players are and have been showing outwardly some disdain for the HC. Can't blame them one bit.

• Pie 2