• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

electro's horse

Whip em out, boys. Fluff piece on the Panthers from MMQB

Ugh...just wish it was a fluff piece that I haven't already read 17 times this offseason.  What can really be expected until players report to TC though. Oh well. :eyeroll:

• Pie 1

If they stay healthy Cam will be MVP and Panthers cruise to the super bowl YEAH I SAID IT

• Pie 5
  • 28-3 1

Quotes like this get me excited. You just feel like Shula and Dorsey rode Cam making those extra effort plays by himself not due to design. Now that we have the playmakers who can turn a dump off into a huge play they can work on Cam using those outlets to extend drives. As awesome as those plays are, there’s just as many drive killers. I’m looking forward to this year just to see the offense. It’s an embarrassment of riches if we maintain the health. We lost Stewart and gained CJ. CMC is in his second year after looking so much better in the second half. We get back Olsen who barely played but like CMC was huge in the playoff game. We get Funchess healthy. We lost KB but replaced him with Smith, Moore and Wright. We get two healthy burners in Byrd and Samuel who both looked like they were getting it when healthy as well. Knock on woods, but if we stay healthy this offense is way better than last year and better than 2015. 2015 was high scoring, but yards per play we weren’t top 10. Turnovers and just amazing efficiency helped. This offense can easily be better than that one. 

“With him, on every play, we want to make sure he has a plan and he’s following that plan,” said Scott Turner. “And to know checking down is OK. A lot of Cam’s issues have come because he’s so talented that he thinks he can make every play work. And sometimes, it’s just not there, so you check down and go to the next play. By holding the ball, sometimes he takes hits or falls into negative plays.

• Pie 2

46 minutes ago, dpm0409 said:

Ugh...just wish it was a fluff piece that I haven't already read 17 times this offseason.  What can really be expected until players report to TC though. Oh well. :eyeroll:

That’s where the individual part of the equation comes in, which has been a little different. From a teaching standpoint, the younger Turner (who was a quality control coach in Carolina for Newton’s first two seasons) has tried to make what can be monotonous spring work competitive in the quarterback room to get the players more engaged. One example: They time a quick-hand drill where each quarterback takes five rapid-fire shotgun snaps, throwing to five different spots, and declare winners and losers at the end. The result the coaches have seen is a locked-in starter who’s learning the ins and outs of every play call, rather than just going out and playing.

I definitely haven't read that 17 times before

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 2

“With him, on every play, we want to make sure he has a plan and he’s following that plan,” said Scott Turner. “And to know checking down is OK. A lot of Cam’s issues have come because he’s so talented that he thinks he can make every play work. And sometimes, it’s just not there, so you check down and go to the next play. By holding the ball, sometimes he takes hits or falls into negative plays.

Yes...please yes.  Check down to CMC/Samuel/CJ and let them get the yards for you, save your body from abuse.  

Edited by Dunn

Hell take that 40 to 1 on the Panthers. This looks right. Kasay hadnt shiit the ball out of bounds I may have still won 10k. I cried that night.Dad said I was upset about not winning the money. I laughed and said this has nothing to to with money. I need my Panthers to win 1 Superbowl before I die and you will never get that. Im poor but that game sent me over the top. Then the debacle with Denver. That was a fugging catch! Good job cotch. Broken heart again. Loved our 1-15 team out of young fandom. We were going to the bowl after that Viking slaying. I swear I hope we get one. Planning on  taking my boy to his first home game this year. We always go to Tampa Shizz Stadium. We havent caught mercer. Though my ex n I vomited wildly after leaving Atlantas stadium. Any way I feel good about this team. Take the money and run, we got this.

• Pie 2

58 minutes ago, dpm0409 said:

we all have our go to scene

right, belladonna?

32 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I definitely haven't read that 17 times before

20 minutes ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

Yeah that's new and interesting. I like it!

Yes, that part was interesting.

20 minutes ago, Dunn said:

Yes...please yes.  Check down to CMC/Samuel/CJ and let them get the yards for you, save your body from abuse.  

It’s not about saving him from abuse. All good QBs should know how to do that. Shula and Dorsey clearly weren’t teaching the value of that. It’s not really about the abuse, it’s about avoiding negative plays and/or turnovers. Not getting hit as much is a by product. It also avoids the pass rushers knowing they can rush without consequences. Shula before CMC didn’t know what a RB pass was and didn’t know anything but everyone go deep. Pass rushers we’re licking their chops. CMC, CJ, Moore and Samuel are all great at YAC so all of a sudden check offs get 20 yards if the DE/OLBs decide to rush with abandon.

It may be fluff but it’s nice to see that the New coaches appear to be seeing the faults we’ve all seen happen every week. 

I don't see how this is fluff at all.  It's an informative piece on what the Turner's plan on doing to improve Cam's efficiency and maximize his talent.   

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

2015 was high scoring, but yards per play we weren’t top 10. Turnovers and just amazing efficiency helped. This offense can easily be better than that one. 

This offense has more talent than the 2015 offense. The 2015 offense benefited so much from short fields when the defense came up with turnovers. Also, I think the 2015 offense was inflated a decent bit by playing a relatively easy schedule without having to face elite pass rushes that could expose the lack of OT and WR talent.

Matt Kalil and Taylor Moton's performance at LT/LG will determine if this year's offense can be really special. Hopefully, with Norv as OC, a strong run game and quick passing can put them in a position to succeed.