Photo
- - - - -

The one person that cost us this game?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#25 blpanther

blpanther

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:28 PM

I haven't been a Trg fan since Del Rio left. He still has not learned you cannot let a top rate QB have all day in the pocket to pick apart the DBs. Our front 4 did not consistently apply pressure to Eli, especially in passing situations. We should have brought more pressure (people) and forced him to make a decision vs. waiting for him to find a seam in our zone. The excuse used to be that our CBs were not good enough in man-man coverage. We just gave Gamble a fat contract and Lucas is not cheap either. Marshall is more than adequate as the 3rd CB. Harris and Godfrey can lay-the-wood. Why not play more man and force the WRs to beat us vs. letting Eli pick us apart.

Bring back Jack!

#26 joemac

joemac

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:52 PM

I blame Chris Gamble.....he got fuging molested last night.

#27 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:59 PM

Really everyone knew our D was gonna give up some points last night but the thing that killed us the most was Fox being conservative in the first half when we jumped ahead and not letting Jake win the game for us in the 4th QT. Our Offense had to do exactly what it has been doing for the last two weeks. Out scoring teams by margins of 30+ but fox didnt let us do that. I really dont know if we will win any tight games for that reason. Yea it works when you dont have talent but sometimes you have to let the guys keep there mo.

#28 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:03 PM

I blame no one. I saw the Panthers play their best game of the season... in the first half.

Then the team started passing when running would do, failing to stop Eli from moving up the field, and executing poorly across the board. It was a deserved loss. It was going to be an ugly outcome regardless by the 2:00 mark, and now Carolina has a golden opportunity to pick apart the tapes and improve, improve, improve.

#29 1789Cardiac Cats9020

1789Cardiac Cats9020

Keep it Simple Stupid

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:05 PM

Actually, had Ken Lucas not given up that 2pt conversion...we win

#30 grateflday

grateflday

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:06 PM

Mike Trgovac...

How hard is it to stop a HB draw (by a backup HB even) out of the shotgun formation that you KNOW is coming?........

Escpecially when the Giants ran that play like 10 times last week against the cowboys and alread several times against the Panthers last night.

What also gets me is that the last two weeks the Eagles and Cowboys played man coverage and brought extra pass rushers on every play. It always seems like Trgovac doesnt like to look at or do what others teams have done to opponents that has worked. The Giants offense sucked the last weeks cause of that strategy, yet it appeared to me the Panthers Defense decides to approach the game differently.

Oh well. There is more that irked me about the game last night, but if the Panthers can win next weekend it makes last nights lose not that bad.

#31 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

HUDDLER

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:08 PM

We lost plain and simple. If we would have won in that fashion there would have been no excuses handed out to the Giants. I pretty much should expect the same on this board. Better team won. We either get better or don't.

#32 Badbak

Badbak

Official Huddle Recluse

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:19 PM

What caused this loss was bad coaching, poor personnel decisions before the season started and injuries. Two out of the three could be corrected.

#33 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

HUDDLER

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:08 PM

conservative playcalling from both sides cost us the game.

were up 21-13 and we get the ball twice in good field position yet we just sit on the ball.

until the giants could mustard up a comeback.then we go into super duper conservative mode,horrible coached game by us

#34 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

HUDDLER

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:18 PM

That too, but Carolina defense is known for stopping teams and keeping us up. This team has did a 360 to our offense winning, and I dont think Fox realized it yet

Past several weeks I've read the defense speak about the offense

#35 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

HUDDLER

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:18 PM

If I had to blame one person, it would be Ken Lucas. You're sympathy honeymoon is over Kenny.

'Bout time someone said it. I think some Brain cells were lost when smitty decked him. WTF is his problem?

And Smitty....Can you make that holding a little less obvious...Geez?

This is not Kasay's fault...

But if I have to point fingers, it was the D. I don't know if they were tired or worn out, they just checked out on a couple of drives(the game tying drive and the rape-job on the ground in overtime)

I'm just a little pi$$ed, cuz we really had that game

In all fairness though, the team on the other side are world champs 4 a reason. We had them down and laid down our swords in the 2nd half...that's why we lost!!! We thought the game was in the bag. We learned a huge lesson on national TV.

All in all, this will hurt for a couple of days, but I think this game will help us more than it will damage us. I want a rematch in the NFC championship game at their house. This is not over!