Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Fox's philosophy leads to the need for come from behind victories

31 posts in this topic

Posted

****ing idiots.

No coach in the NFL is going to coach a team to play relaxed with a 7 point lead.

Did I say that he "COACHED THE TEAM" to play relaxed with a 7 point lead, idiot?

No, I said that his COACHING PHILOSOPHY is to squeak by...control the ball, run it well, don't score too many points, keep it close enough to win late. Ball control and field goals.

His is a GAME OF INCHES. In those types of games, too much is left to LUCK AND CHANCE. His style is not ASSERTIVE. He's taking what you can get.

His philosophy is the umbrella under which the team operates, which is why they RELAX WITH ANY LITTLE LEAD THAT THEY GET.

He doesn't have to "COACH THEM TO DO THAT," but his personality guarantees it...idiot.

I wish fans like this would go find another team.

Yeah. Winning sucks.

Based on his philosophy, his wins involve LUCK as much as they do skill or preparation. Lucky that the other team screws up and stops themselves, as many of the Panthers opponents have done this year. If Green Bay had gone for that touchdown on 4th down last week, even if they didn't get it, the Panthers would have had to go 99 yards to score, which would have negated that great kickoff return...WE WERE LUCKY THAT THEY CHOSE THE FIELD GOAL. That provided the opportunity for two big plays, but we were LUCKY they chose the field goal, otherwise, you all would be trying to run Fox out of town this week.

If being a "FAN" means just cheering and shutting up, then don't call me one. I call it like it is. John Fox's philosophy guarantees that if you are going to have any success, much of it is going to have to involve COME FROM BEHIND victories.

Posted

Please work in "heart" in your argument. It will only then be truly awesome.

Posted

:lurk5:

Posted

You're the one who's insane. It's clear by the fact that you jumped to the "EXTREMES" with your 42-0 comment, as if anyone expects that, ever. Didn't even expect 34-0 against the Chiefs earlier this season.

NO LEAD IS SAFE, but some are safer than others. If John Fox could win every game by a 7-3 score, he'd be satisfied with it, even though that type of game will clearly come down to a few INCHES here or there, which is a 50/50 style of play...AT BEST. Anything goes wrong, and you'll probably lose.

No lead is safe, but at least try to make the other team have to SCORE TWICE to beat you, instead of barely squeaking by. His philosophy IS TO SQUEAK BY.

That's my problem with him. If those "come from behind kings" coaches WERE PERFECTLY FINE WITH EVERY GAME BEING A SQUEAKER like Fox clearly is, then yes, they sucked.

The problem with you belief is that we don't have any more come from behind victories than any other NFL team that has had our level of success this year. Tampa has more come from behind victories than we do. Giants have been down in the second half at least 4 times this season. Its a myth that we have to come from behind any more than other other similarly successful teams. Believe it our not, the other team actually effects the outcome of the game on occasion.

This is the NFL, thats the way it usually goes. All that matters in the end is the W.

Posted

I don't care who you do or don't like as long as you have a passing knowledge of football and a logical reason for your hatred.

I don't hate anybody.

Posted

Man, this threads gonna turn into a bunch of guys with strong opinions yelling at each other real soon.

Let's all agree to disagree?

Posted

Fox wants to win by a Kasay FG every game. He likes to win close and lose big. This year its working, but for the past couple years it didnt. It'll be interesting to see if this philosophy will bring us another winning season next year.

have we won by a john kasay field goal this year?

Posted

The Fox philosophy is to run the ball, stop the run, play good D, win field position with good special teams play and have a chance to win the game at the end.

He is 17-10 in December in his tenure. He is not opposed to blowing a team out but won't pass the ball recklessly to do it. I like it especially this time of year

Posted

has everyone forgotten we shut out kansas city? we weren't exactly punting on first down to keep that one close.

Posted

****ing idiots.

No coach in the NFL is going to coach a team to play relaxed with a 7 point lead.

Ahh you're new to Panthers football. Welcome.

Posted

Btw, the Panthers have 60 points in the last 6 quarters.

Posted

I can tell the starter of this thread enjoys talking out of his ass.

Ya know, as long as our team executes (which I don't care what you say, that falls on the PLAYERS to execute), the team gets a fast start, Fox's style gives us wins. More wins than any other coach. He wouldn't be easily replaced.