15 replies to this topic

#1 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:15 PM

How will dook handle Dyson, Walker and Robinson? How will Miles Plumlee and Zoubek do against UConn's frontcourt? UConn doesn't have a height advantage in the frontcourt but Edwards and Oriaki have been blocking shots and UConn usually does good at shotblocking as a team.

UConn hasn't necessarily blown out their opponents, except LSU which was their last game. Dook looked iffy for much of the ASU game. Should be an interesting game.

I'm taking UConn by 5. 79-74.

#2 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:24 PM

Stanley Robinson is the deciding factor. If he can control Singler then I got UCONN by 7.

#3 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:47 PM

if duke's an unathletic team, uconn has to be an unintelligent team. singler and plumlee out of the game and they fail to capitalize and seem to be turning the ball over, forcing bad shots and committing dumb fouls

#4 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,132 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 November 2009 - 06:23 PM

Lets go duke..lets go duke..lets go duke

#5 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 06:36 PM

Gotta hand it to dook. Despite being a less athletic team being forced to play a tough, physical game...they are laying it to UConn. UConn are missing some open looks, but dook is playing pretty good defensively.

If dook plays like this heading into ACC play, they have got to be a pretty big favorite to win the ACC outright. The way UNC is playing they could fall to 3rd or 4th unless Roy can get them going.

#6 DWill

DWill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:00 PM

Pretty sloppy game for both teams. With that said, Uconn is getting out classed.

#7 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 08:20 PM

I think Nolan Smith and Dawkins will be so much better later in the season, Duke could be a frightening team when that happens and when Mason Plumlee is back. Also Singler is playing bad and this team is still beating good teams by double digit margins.

Coach K can never be underestimated

#8 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 08:41 PM

Yeah good win but still a long way to go. We have to shoot better but I was impressed with the defense and rebounding. We were the higher ranked team and better team so we should have won. Don't get me wrong though it was a great win and another NIT championship. Let's go Blue Devils!

#9 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:25 PM

The thing that impressed me the most was this team was able to beat 2 quality teams with Singler doing absolutely nothing.

Good win for Duke.

#10 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,132 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:36 PM

I just hope they learn how to put the hammer down. That's what cost them vs uCON and UK in the elite 8 and Final 4's of years past.

#11 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:40 PM

Duke basketball= the champions of November!

Seriously though, that was a pretty good win today.

#12 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:46 AM

Gotta hand it to the Dookies. They looked very good tonight and I think they should be able to take the ACC this year.

Was gonna bet on them to cover but I forgot, anybody know what the spread was?

#13 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:40 PM

Good win by the dookies...They still have problems with their interior though...That's two games against quality teams and their bigs haven't been impressive. However, dook has a savy veteran team and that will work well for them until they get tuckered out later this season.

#14 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:46 AM

Good win by the dookies...They still have problems with their interior though...That's two games against quality teams and their bigs haven't been impressive. However, dook has a savy veteran team and that will work well for them until they get tuckered out later this season.

I actually thought the bigs played well. Between Plumlee, Zoubek, and Thomas they had 27 rebs and 16 points on 4 of 12 shooting. Yeah they didn't score a lot but they dominated on the boards and that is why Duke won. 15 of the 27 rebs were offensive they actually saved the game for us because we shot 29% from the field.

#15 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:16 PM

I actually thought the bigs played well. Between Plumlee, Zoubek, and Thomas they had 27 rebs and 16 points on 4 of 12 shooting. Yeah they didn't score a lot but they dominated on the boards and that is why Duke won. 15 of the 27 rebs were offensive they actually saved the game for us because we shot 29% from the field.

The point is that you guys are a perimeter oriented team that does not utilize the bigs and the minutes are being gobbled up by three guys...This is the same team as last year minus EW and Henderson, but with Dawkins and MP (who is injured) and Kelly who doesn't play. I stand by my prediction of this team fizzling out because of a very short rotation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.