• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes and Wolves 3 Year Deal

Chicago wolves GM said 

“It’s for the benefit of the Chicago Wolves, the Carolina Hurricanes and the American Hockey League that we have 32 NHL teams and 32 AHL affiliates. It’s good to be partnered with the Hurricanes.”

Which tells me Tom was exploring an AHL expansion as pressure at least. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

The wolves literally just got stacked. Holy poo. Canes prospects all together again. 

They would have been in the running for anther Calder cup if they hadn't..... we have one of the best prospect pools so I suspect they will be much better next season

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)

The Wolves need to just get out of the way and let the Canes organization manage everything.

This whole thing spiraled out of control because Wendell Young got butthurt that the Canes told the Wolves to stop playing Lyon over Kochetkov… and look what happened, Kochetkov led Chicago to a Calder Cup.

Will there be some up’s and downs with a pool of young players… sure.

But long term the Wolves will have much more success with our young guys over the washed up fringe NHL’ers that they think will allow them to be competitive.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 2

11 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The Wolves need to just get out of the way and let the Canes organization manage everything.

This whole thing spiraled out of control because Wendell Young got butthurt that the Canes told the Wolves to stop playing Lyon over Kochetkov… and look what happened, Kochetkov led Chicago to a Calder Cup.

Will there be some up’s and downs with a pool of young players… sure.

But long term the Wolves will have much more success with our young guys over the washed up fringe NHL’ers that they think will allow them to be competitive.

I mean fug they got Peret’s, Vondras and the new russian ready. Not sure which is gonna ECHL this next season but I assume Peret’s will be the starter in Chicago next season. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

Wendell Young out as GM “promoted” to vice chair/governor. Canes bringing in their own GM and Coach it sounds like. 

Oh poo they actually did it. Essentially Young gets a paycheck but has no say over hockey operations.

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Oh poo they actually did it. Essentially Young gets a paycheck but has no say over hockey operations.

Yep. Hopefully he doesn’t meddle but I bet he will. 

• Pie 2