Photo
- - - - -

That overpowering dook frontcourt

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#16 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:12 PM

main probelm is zoubek, he doesn't deserve any minutes and if k would stop playing him, mason and miles will reach their potential sooner.

college basketball and their seniors though, really makes it easy to turn a game off when you see a guy like zoubek getting minutes on a team like duke

Let's not get ridiculous, it's still the beginning of the season and your boy Mason has been hurt. Zoubek does deserve less minutes but you can't put that on coach K for last night if you're saying Mason should have been taking those minutes. A healthy Zoubek is better than risking reinjuring an already hurt unproven freshman Mason. I can't stand coach K but that's not something that should be put on him for last nights loss.

#17 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:23 PM

I am surprised be the total rebounds by dook. It seemed that they were being dominated in the paint, but the final numbers say otherwise.

It will be interesting to to see what they do against UNC's big men.

Also, if it weren't for singler, Wisc would have blown out the dookies. That kid can play!

Commit fouls.

#18 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:36 PM

HTrash -

Zoubek is the most unathletic player in the history of the program. It's not developing him that is the problem, it's the fact that they thought he was going to be good in the first place. Sheldon Williams? Elton Brand? Carlos Boozer? Really?

When did Brand play there again? Boozer was coached up so well that he didn't get drafted. Sheldon was never more than a shotblocker and screener in dook's system. And do you need to get personal with the attacks? Sheesh!

#19 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:16 PM

When did Brand play there again? Boozer was coached up so well that he didn't get drafted. Sheldon was never more than a shotblocker and screener in dook's system. And do you need to get personal with the attacks? Sheesh!

Wow there you go again! Boozer was drafted by the Cavs at number 34 and he fell that far because he was injured the championship season. That year he averaged 18 ppg and 9 rebounds. Sheldon was never more than a shotblocker and screener? Are you kidding me? His senior year he averaged 19 ppg, 11 reb, and 4 blocks. Oh and he was taken 5th overall in that draft. Once again Htar good call.

#20 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:31 PM

You know what the most tragic aspect of Zoubek's career is? That he went to dook. I honestly believe if he were at UNC he would be a lot better.

or atleast YOU would think so. HE SUCKS, hes tall for nothing.

#21 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:40 PM

Wow there you go again! Boozer was drafted by the Cavs at number 34 and he fell that far because he was injured the championship season. That year he averaged 18 ppg and 9 rebounds. Sheldon was never more than a shotblocker and screener? Are you kidding me? His senior year he averaged 19 ppg, 11 reb, and 4 blocks. Oh and he was taken 5th overall in that draft. Once again Htar good call.

I don't count getting drafted in the second round as getting drafted...Those contracts are not guaranteed. He fell because no one respected his ability as he was never utilized at dook.

Yeah, I forgot shelden's senior season numbers because he really didn't overwhelm me as a senior. I suppose it was because he deferred to JJ (brilliant coaching strategy)...I actually thought he had a better junior campaign.

#22 Cuttinedge

Cuttinedge

• ALL-PRO
  • 452 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:09 PM

You shouldn't use Sheldon Williams name in the same sentence as Brands and Boozers. Great college career absolute BUST in the NBA
5 teams in 4 years, averages 4pg &4rb. ATL wasted their 5th pick on him and traded him early in his 2nd season.

His wife is better than him...\thread

#23 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:11 PM

I don't count getting drafted in the second round as getting drafted...Those contracts are not guaranteed. He fell because no one respected his ability as he was never utilized at dook.

Yeah, I forgot shelden's senior season numbers because he really didn't overwhelm me as a senior. I suppose it was because he deferred to JJ (brilliant coaching strategy)...I actually thought he had a better junior campaign.

Are you an idiot or what? Boozer fell because he wasn't utilized at Duke? Did you not read what I wrote he was the 2nd leading scorer behind J-Will, the leading rebounder, and leading FG%. :banghead: Sheldon's senior year went up 3 pts. from his junior year and he had the same amount of rebounds and the same amount of blocks. Duke also won 5 more games his senior year so tell me how he had a better junior year? You really amaze me at your lack of college basketball knowledge.

#24 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:15 PM

Are you an idiot or what? Boozer fell because he wasn't utilized at Duke? Did you not read what I wrote he was the 2nd leading scorer behind J-Will, the leading rebounder, and leading FG%. :banghead: Sheldon's senior year went up 3 pts. from his junior year and he had the same amount of rebounds and the same amount of blocks. Duke also won 5 more games his senior year so tell me how he had a better junior year? You really amaze me at your lack of college basketball knowledge.

I amaze you because I can't recall the statistical numbers posted by dookies? To that I say good. Nobody respected Boozer's game coming out of dook. What I really remember about Shelden's senior season is him being outplayed by a freshman Hansbrough at Hansbrough Indoor Stadium.

I'll take the pepsi challenge anytime you want...Let me make this clear...I DO NOT LIKE DOOK! I DO NOT FOLLOW THEIR PLAYERS!

#25 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:26 PM

I amaze you because I can't recall the statistical numbers posted by dookies? To that I say good. Nobody respected Boozer's game coming out of dook. What I really remember about Shelden's senior season is him being outplayed by a freshman Hansbrough at Hansbrough Indoor Stadium.

I'll take the pepsi challenge anytime you want...Let me make this clear...I DO NOT LIKE DOOK! I DO NOT FOLLOW THEIR PLAYERS!

Then don't open your mouth about a Duke player or his stats. You sound like an idiot because all it takes is research.

Edited by bigcatdaddy, 04 December 2009 - 11:29 PM.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com