Photo
- - - - -

So I guess all 155 that Israel killed today were all "terrorists"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
127 replies to this topic

#16 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,018 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:05 AM

NPR is an oasis of sanity.

The one thing I'll say is as long as people who are born, live and die within Israel's borders are not considered Israeli and don't even have a country of their own, there will be trouble and bloodshed.

I do agree with that the Israelis should change their constitution to make all citizens equal.

FWIW, I think gaza should became a seperate nation as should the West Bank. They would probably get that if they just go ahead and recognize Israel's right to exist.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 27 December 2008 - 10:08 AM.

#17 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,018 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:06 AM

24 more days, change is acomin'!

So will Obama take Air Force One to Gaza, or will he just walk across the Atlantic? :)

#18 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_RUN FOZZY RUN_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,314 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:16 AM

Its amazing the Israelis waited as long and showed as much restraint as they did. If Mexico started lobbing rockets at the US demanding we give back New Mexico, I seriously doubt we would wait as long or show as much restraint.

Logical perspective never works.

#19 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,557 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:38 AM

I do agree with that the Israelis should change their constitution to make all citizens equal.

FWIW, I think gaza should became a seperate nation as should the West Bank. They would probably get that if they just go ahead and recognize Israel's right to exist.

Problem is someone has to blink first.

#20 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,317 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:14 AM

I really hate Arafat for screwing this up. But in reading this thread, it heartens me that only one or two Neanderthals here don't seem to get the complexity of the situation. A few years ago, it would have been "Israel is good, Arabs are bad, and they deserve what they get". So we are making progress...

#21 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:27 AM

If someone invaded and took over NC and the citizens there continued to fight the occupiers for decade after decade, we'd consider them heroes.

I'm no fan of either side in this case.

Understand your point, but I'll take the side that yearns for progress.

#22 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:30 AM

So will Obama take Air Force One to Gaza, or will he just walk across the Atlantic? :)

He's going to write down another prayer on a piece of paper and leave it in the wall in a totally unscripted move. (wink wink)

#23 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:36 AM

Israel seems to only respond with *** for tat strikes and are never the starting aggressor. They just seem to be like a hornets nest, hit it and they all start coming after you.

They need to show restraint though, I dont understand completely why they pulled out all stops. Hamas needs to be dealt with but I dont know if this response was the right one, like the invasion of Lebannon.

#24 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,018 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:11 PM

Problem is someone has to blink first.

True enough, but I think it will only work if Hamas does the blinking and I am not sure if they have enough control to do so. Israel has a real military with a chain of command that follow's orders. If a ceasefire comes down from the top, it is generally obeyed. I am not so sure that is the case with Hamas. Sometimes I wonder how much control they really have over their own people. If one hot head launches a rocket on his own, then that could end any ceasefire.

#25 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:46 PM

fun reminder for anyone that would ever think of defending israel that they've basically turned bethlehem into a ghetto

'the Palestinians are being treated like scum by the Israeli guards. Bethlehem resembles a ghetto where the local population is not permitted by the Israeli authorities to leave by the main roads. Illegal though it is by United Nations Charter and the International Bill of Human Rights, this is occupied territory, and it is a very hostile occupation. The distance from Bethlehem to Jerusalem is some 10km, but Palestinians must take a 26km secondary dirt road passing through Israeli checkpoints which are often closed with no warning or explanation. Palestinians in the West Bank are not permitted to enter Jerusalem without a date- and time-limited pass from the Israeli Defence Force (IDF) - more often than not refused. This has made the operation of the small but very courageous Bethlehem University very difficult.'

http://www.irishtime...9728523404.html

#26 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,018 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:17 PM

fun reminder for anyone that would ever think of defending israel that they've basically turned bethlehem into a ghetto

http://www.irishtime...9728523404.html

The Israelis are hardly solely responsible for the problems in the West Bank.

Exodus of Christians from Bethlehem

According to Victor Batarseh, the Christian mayor of Bethlehem, the proportion of Christians here has slumped from 92 per cent in 1948 to 40 per cent. "It is a sad fact, but it remains a fact, that a lot of Christians are leaving," he says. One charge is that Muslims have been taking over Christian lands with the Palestinian authorities turning a blind eye.

Bethlehem has also been badly affected by Israel's separation barrier causing widespread economic hardship among both Muslims and Christians. Yusuf Nassir 57, is looking for a way to emigrate. "The problem is that we are a minority and minorities always suffer in times like these. My house was attacked [by Muslims] over nothing. There was a dispute between a Muslim and a Christian boy, this turned into a communal fight and then around 70 men turned on us. My sister got injured. She said to me 'you must leave for the safety of your family', but finding the money is not easy," he says. "I have also had Israeli soldiers fire at me, once when I was driving a car. The bullet missed me by about 25 centimeters.

"But it is the wall which has destroyed my business. I now owe $120,000 in back rent. I have had to sack staff, and other businesses around here have had to do the same. This just adds to the unemployment and social problems here."

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 27 December 2008 - 02:22 PM.

#27 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:21 PM

oh i never thought of it that way

okay IDF, proceed with bombing campaigns while children are leaving school

#28 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:25 PM

but really you have to hand it to israel because they've got the best public relations strategy in the world.

*bombs a school
*reminds people of the holocaust
*sends the jdl against anyone that brings up their blatant UN and human rights violations

#29 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:28 PM

lol jesus

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:30 PM

Israel has made deal after deal with these disshonorable people, and these terrorist always break them. Hell yea, kill therm all. That is just less the US will have to deal with later.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com