Photo
- - - - -

Applying to law school is stressful

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:31 PM

This is my last year of undergrad and I just took the December LSAT. Classes are about out for the fall semester and I have to get started on personal statements and finalizing applications. To top it off a bunch of my peers have been getting acceptance calls. The whole process is long, tedious and aggravating. I'm nervous and excited, and I want it to be over and sit comfortably waiting on acceptances.

*Smacks self for taking the LSAT in December*

Anyways, just a vent post and sharing my feelings. Feel free to open up your own grievances.

#2 2shy

2shy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:41 PM

i want to kill 99.9891% of thee current lawyers.

why would you want to become one?

#3 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,115 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:00 PM

I guess I'll look out for 2shy in the future. Haha, other than the fact it is probably one of the best educations you can receive, I plan on going into Sports Law or Corporate Law. We make the world go round. And seeing as how the legal system is the very bedrock of our society, it makes since to have comprehensive knowledge about it's inner workings. That answer your question?

#4 Jbro

Jbro

BBW GFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:03 PM

You forgot to say money.

#5 guigrrl

guigrrl

Who Dat?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:27 PM

stressing/dealing with calls and paperwork -- isn't that pretty much the career of a lawyer?

#6 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,115 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:53 PM

stressing/dealing with calls and paperwork -- isn't that pretty much the career of a lawyer?

That part doesn't really bother me. It's just the build-up to actually getting in. Exciting time right now.

I guess my arrogant reason for going to law school is that I'm too smart to not. Yeah, the money is also good. But it's never really been a big factor. There are tons of other professions I could go into without a J.D.

#7 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:42 PM

well brotha not everybody can get in....I had some smart friends of mine that couldn't get in...and when you do it is expensive and hard work, but worth it if it's your dream....if not, please don't settle for a para legal that can't pass the bar...find something else..

#8 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,115 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:40 PM

I'm def. not worried about getting in. And trust me, if I didn't think I could do it I wouldn't waste my time; my mechanical engineering degree was a waste as it is. Getting in is no worries, it's just the wait...

#9 Bama Panther

Bama Panther

USAF JAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:15 AM

Where you looking at going, Spin?

#10 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,115 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:04 AM

I've applied to a lot of schools. This, in order of prestige, is: Duke, UVA, Chapel Hill, WF, UK, UT, GA, USC (the fake one), Campbell, Elon, Charleston, and NCCU.

I know, it's A LOT of schools. I'll be writing nothing but personal statements over my Christmas break. I also thought about applying to Yale just so I could get a rejection letter, haha.

#11 Bama Panther

Bama Panther

USAF JAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:20 PM

I've applied to a lot of schools. This, in order of prestige, is: Duke, UVA, Chapel Hill, WF, UK, UT, GA, USC (the fake one), Campbell, Elon, Charleston, and NCCU.

I know, it's A LOT of schools. I'll be writing nothing but personal statements over my Christmas break. I also thought about applying to Yale just so I could get a rejection letter, haha.

That's quite a range of schools . . . top 10 to the third or fourth tier. I applied to UVa (got my rejection letter quickly) and ended up going to Alabama. You may want to consider it. It is a top 15 public law school now and has been tied with UNC on many of the latest rankings.

Good luck.

#12 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,152 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:28 PM

Meh, just get a marketing degree and go into sales.

#13 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:31 PM

Meh, just get a marketing degree and go into sales.

They're worse than lawyers!

#14 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 9,969 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:44 PM

Yeah I'm trying to get into Chapel Hill myself. I took the LSAT this past Saturday as well. Now I'm cramming for all of my exams because I spent the past month doing the bare minimum of work required in my classes because I was doing a practice exam every day.

#15 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,152 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:04 PM

Yeah I'm trying to get into Chapel Hill myself. I took the LSAT this past Saturday as well. Now I'm cramming for all of my exams because I spent the past month doing the bare minimum of work required in my classes because I was doing a practice exam every day.

Then why are you wasting time on teh interwebz? Wasting time on the internets is for when you have a job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.