Posted Image

#197 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:38 PM

First of all, my wife and I would like to extend condolances and prayers to anyone who needs them.

Second, I would like to congratulate everyone for knowing someone who was apparently a damn decent person (I never had the face to face pleasure).

Third, I'd like to say that Electro was the first Huddler who ever spoke to me at length on here. If he hadn't been so cordial, and hadn't made me laugh, I probably wouldn't have hung around here for very long. Always looked forward to meeting him one day. While I never got the chance to meet him, he was always a pleasure on here, even when he was being a total ass.

Farewell and adieu to you, fair spanish ladies....

RIP Electro

Finally, if any of you need to reach out to a stranger, I may not be the best conversationalist but I do have skilled ears and I will offer whatever advice I can. Drop a line.

No one else is allowed to die before I get a chance to meet them. That's an order.

#198 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:40 PM

Regarding the newspaper article, I think they focused on the horses because they usually don't report suicides. At least they didn't used to. The suicide was part of the horse story, so they included it.

I'm sorry, but 13 dead horses and nine emaciated ones is a news story. Some people don't give a crap about animals and that's their issue, but many people do. I'll stand toe to toe with anyone who has a problem with that.

#199 kittycat

kittycat

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:42 PM

It looks like the funeral service will probably be on Friday. I don't know the time yet, but will hopefully be able to provide detailed information tomorrow. I will update as soon as possible.

#200 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:45 PM

thanks kittycat for all the updates.

#201 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,879 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:47 PM

I am new here, and didn't know Electro even half as much as everyone else, but I would like to express all of my condolences.

He seemed like a great guy that I wish I got to know...I wish his family well and hope he is in peace now!

#202 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:48 PM

Rip

#203 Panther_gal

Panther_gal

Go Panthers!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:35 PM

My thoughts go out to his family and friends. Many of you know my views on what else happened here. If his death inspires one person to cherish a loved one or help a stranger in the time of need then may God have mercy on his soul.

#204 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:43 PM

so sorry to hear this. even though i disagreed with him in threads often, he always brought his A game and was looking for a little back-and-forth. NOT looking for a lecture, like some trolls are. seemed like a good dude.

as for the media focusing on the dead horses, i think that aspect is newsworthy because there has been a strange rash of farmers killing their livestock and themselves in succession recently. so it is certainly worth noting, and probably even worth focusing on. but the loss of a human life is definitely tragic, and attention should be paid to that as well.

#205 PanthersFanInGA

PanthersFanInGA

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:07 PM

Gosh.... RIP Electro... Best regards to his family and friends.

#206 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:09 PM

As Forrest Gump's Mama said..."Death is just a part of life, something we all go through."

RIP

#207 Mattiekrome

Mattiekrome

The Feast... Is Mine

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:10 PM

Never had the pleasure of meeting Clifton, but from what everyone has said, it looks like we lost a damn fine person.

RIP Panther bro

#208 TheSaint

TheSaint

Lengthy Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:14 PM

Regarding the newspaper article, I think they focused on the horses because they usually don't report suicides. At least they didn't used to. The suicide was part of the horse story, so they included it.

I'm sorry, but 13 dead horses and nine emaciated ones is a news story. Some people don't give a crap about animals and that's their issue, but many people do. I'll stand toe to toe with anyone who has a problem with that.

another article from this evening.. http://www.wral.com/.../story/6988087/

Lots of good comments in this thread regarding this disturbingly sad news. Including Meats here. A man with with 13 dead horses on his property, that refuses to come out of his home and kills himself when cops come in, is going to make a sensational headline. You cant expect them not to tell the story.

Its apparent the man had many, many problems long before this past Friday, that his huddle friends had no clue about.

Im sorry for all of his friends and family. One can only hope the man has found peace.

Edited by TheSaint, 08 February 2010 - 11:16 PM.

#209 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

• HUDDLER
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:23 PM

another article from this evening.. http://www.wral.com/.../story/6988087/

Lots of good comments in this thread regarding this disturbingly sad news. Including Meats here. A man with with 13 dead horses on his property, that refuses to come out of his home and kills himself when cops come in, is going to make a sensational headline. You cant expect them not to tell the story.

Its apparent the man had many, many problems long before this past Friday, that his huddle friends had no clue about.

Im sorry for all of his friends and family. One can only hope the man has found peace.

dUDE YOU HAVE NO CLUE-- STFU

aND NEITHER DO THE people talking out of their ass on that page.

Since when was a horses life worth more than a man?

Where my huckle buck country hick ass grew up a mans business is a mans business, and what is his is for no other person to be sticking thier nose in..

Clif didnt starve these horses to death, the whole "neglect" BS is just that. All you know is what you are reading from some damn peta ass news agency...

There is nothing "good" about rubbing the man through the dirt because of the situation..

Is the whole thing fvcked up- YES- but if you knew Clif it would all make more sense.

keep your BS OPINIONS in another thread--

#210 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,729 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:27 PM

dUDE YOU HAVE NO CLUE-- STFU

aND NEITHER DO THE people talking out of their ass on that page.

Since when was a horses life worth more than a man?

Where my huckle buck country hick ass grew up a mans business is a mans business, and what is his is for no other person to be sticking thier nose in..

Clif didnt starve these horses to death, the whole "neglect" BS is just that. All you know is what you are reading from some damn peta ass news agency...

There is nothing "good" about rubbing the man through the dirt because of the situation..

Is the whole thing fvcked up- YES- but if you knew Clif it would all make more sense.

keep your BS OPINIONS in another thread--

Hey AK, I feel your pain. However, I don't think TheSaint was trying to say anything negative. Just saying that the whole story, including the horses, was a sensational one...and thus newsworthy. I don't think he meant any disrespect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com