Photo
- - - - -

Kellen Clemens

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#16 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:29 AM

Hmmm... I forgot about Feeley... maybe we don't need to pick up an FA.

#17 Sultan33g

Sultan33g

I have a boner.

HUDDLER

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:31 AM

feeley and mccown are garbage...imho

#18 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:35 AM

feeley and mccown are garbage...imho

Yet they are better than Clemens so...................

#19 Sultan33g

Sultan33g

I have a boner.

HUDDLER

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:38 AM

point taken

#20 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

HUDDLER

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:26 AM

I picture the conversation that the Jets would have if we offered our 2nd rounder for Clemens going something like this.

"Hold on a second Marty, I need to think about this one...let me put you on hold"

"Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Hey Rex, you hear this? The Panthers want to trade us their second rounder for that Clemens guy."

"What? Their second rounder this year? Are you sure he didn't say seventh? Uhhh, get back on the line and accept it, quick before his buzz wears off. Marty must have been having scotch on the rocks while watching film of Jake playing against us in the Meadowlands this year."

"hahahahaha. Okay, Okay, let me gather myself. *picks up phone*

"Marty, after careful consideration, we will accept the deal for a second round pick. We know how valuable a commodity Kellen is and will wish him the best."

*Mike puts the phone on mute while he and Rex continue to laugh*

#21 Sultan33g

Sultan33g

I have a boner.

HUDDLER

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:27 AM

lol

#22 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

HUDDLER

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:11 PM

If we were gonna trade for a QB, it wouldn't be Clemens... I think we need to look for a decent FA to compete with Moore and McCown...

You haven't heard? Moore is considered by some to be the highest-rated free agent quarterback available. I'm joking to a degree, but I really don't see anyone in the free agent pool who is head and shoulders better than Moore.

I wouldn't be unhappy if we drafted a young quarterback to ride the bench for a while, but for now I'm comfortable with Moore. Let's give him a shot and give him a little more help at the wide receiver position.

#23 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

HUDDLER

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:28 PM

You haven't heard? Moore is considered by some to be the highest-rated free agent quarterback available. I'm joking to a degree, but I really don't see anyone in the free agent pool who is head and shoulders better than Moore.

I wouldn't be unhappy if we drafted a young quarterback to ride the bench for a while, but for now I'm comfortable with Moore. Let's give him a shot and give him a little more help at the wide receiver position.

Oh I agree... I think Moore should be the starter going into camp, no question for me... now what Fox/Hurney will do is beyond me... won't surprise me for them to keep Delhomme when we all know he needs to go. It also wouldn't hurt my feelings for them to draft a QB... but who knows.

#24 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:35 PM

Clemens started 9 games in his career with 8 of those in 2007. He had a whopping passer rating of 60 and only completed 52% of our passes. If that is experienced, then no thanks. He is not a great talent nor has he shown anything like Moore has.

Add on that in the one year where he saw his significant action, his picks doubled his TDs (10-5).

Second rounder? No way. I doubt I'd be interested even if he were unrestricted.

(didn't we have some goofball Oregon guy on here once saying he was going to be a breakout player?)