Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers Add DT Ed Johnson

78 posts in this topic

Posted

The Carolina Panthers have reached an agreement with former Indianapolis Colts defensive tackle Ed Johnson to bolster depth along their defensive line, a source told ESPN.com's John Clayton.

The 6-foot-2, 296-pound Johnson was an undrafted success story who started 16 games as a rookie in Indianapolis in 2007. He was released by the Colts in 2008 but re-signed in 2009 and started four games before the 26-year-old was released again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4921685

Thoughts?

Posted

looking more and more like Kemo or Lewis might be gone next year

Posted

I don't think this means we're cutting Kemo or Lewis, just that Hayden is on his way out.

Posted

I like this move. Big body, hes worked with Meeks, and hes decent. hes not a dominant force, but hes a good run stuffer. nice move.

Posted

so we're up to 18 DTs on the roster now?

Posted

We don't have room for all these DTs, Hollis Thomas may be on his way out. I like Thomas, but he's getting up there in age. Maybe he can come back as a d-line coach.

Posted

I don't think this means we're cutting Kemo or Lewis, just that Hayden is on his way out.

Hopefully but Fox and company drafted Hayden. Plus as much as we all know he sucks he is younger than both of them, and I heard somewhere (probably on this board) that Kemo's tendon didn't quite right.... Let's just hope your right and I'm wrong

Posted

Hollis Thomas isn't under contract.

Posted

Hopefully but Fox and company drafted Hayden. Plus as much as we all know he sucks he is younger than both of them, and I heard somewhere (probably on this board) that Kemo's tendon didn't quite right.... Let's just hope your right and I'm wrong

they're not going to get all sentimental over a 6th rounder. Hayden has BEEN gone since the end of the season.

A feeble kemo or old lewis is 10 times better than hayden.

Posted

I think Kemo is done here. Plus, last year he was hyped into being a much better player than he really is while hurt. People totally ignored how him being so extremely one dimensional hurt them in 08 often.

Posted

Assuming Hayden is going to get cut, we still have 6 DTs. I dont think Kemo's chances of coming back are that great.