2. Let the Republicans do whatever they want
3. Just say no and screw you to the Republicans and see how that goes

#32 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:07 PM

Oh man, remember the days of 2005 when then senator Obama, Reid, Hillary and the other dem's were whining and crying about reconcil...... oops, I mean, the Nuclear Option?

Now, these same douche bags, including one Mr. Obama, are planning to use reconciliation on health care.

He is a fraud. This crap today was a show to set up a call for reconciliation. Obama is a fraud, plain and simple. Who cares if he is a nice guy and he'd be cool to have a beer with. That trait does not make one fit to govern a country. That is the mistake people made when voting for him. "He's cool...I'd have a beer with him....he's hip...." blah.....blah.....blah

I vote for this as the best response in my thread.

#33 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,261 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:09 PM

so should he:

^^^He did this today. This crap today was a DOG and PONY SHOW. Reconciliation is coming. He never intended to work with Republicans. He comes back to the table with a bill that is MORE costly than the previous senate bill and basically says "Suck on it repubs and america, this is the starting point bitches." How can you not see right through his crap?

#34 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,082 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:10 PM

blah diddy blah blah blah you know as well as I do the Republicans have adopted a scorched earth tactic since Obama took office. You also know Obama has offered the things I have talked about, you also know the public option has been shelved forever, yet....I'm the one that's somehow misinformed.

You have your own version of blah diddy blah blah blah ... and you know as well as I do that the Republicans have offered health care proposals, and have been shut down and shut out, literally, in the process.

You also know that you absolutely blast Republicans for anything close to acting on politics, but when Democrats do it, you talk about how that's how things are done in DC, and they should just get over it ... you sound so much like Harry Reid it's not even funny.

#35 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,082 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:12 PM

so should he:

1. Forget he's President and cry
2. Let the Republicans do whatever they want

That's apparently what he plans to do anyway. They already had their Plan B waiting in the wings. Today was just an exercise.

#36 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:19 PM

Will the last doctor in America please turn off the X-ray machine?

#37 Bobby

Bobby

Czar of Czars

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:34 PM

^^^He did this today. This crap today was a DOG and PONY SHOW. Reconciliation is coming. He never intended to work with Republicans. He comes back to the table with a bill that is MORE costly than the previous senate bill and basically says "Suck on it repubs and america, this is the starting point bitches." How can you not see right through his crap?

Huh? More Americans identify with the party he leads than the opposition party, by some way.

That was my favorite Obama moment so far and I'm not a Democrat.

I hope he just starts ramming poo through now.

I want them to use the 55 vote loophole too, and use it liberally :)

Edited by Bobby, 25 February 2010 - 05:37 PM.

#38 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,900 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:36 PM

I'm not yet all that concerned with any major legislation the dems are planning because of what has occured so far. I am still amazed at how only 40 senators, private lobbyists and a minority of house members have been able to completely stop almost everything they didn't like...even if polls showed a majority of the public wants it done. And while I do not think the Pubs will retake congress in November, I think they will make gains and solidify their stonewall stance. This has been amusing to watch.

All I think of is what if Bush/Cheney had a 60/40 senate majority and strong house majority in 2000 through 2001. I can tell you there would be very little negotiations, each bill/proposal would be a vote for it or fug you.

Still, since I am conservative, I'll say it again. I don't have a much of problem with this federal government so far because they aren't getting much done that I oppose....

...yet.

Edited by Murph, 25 February 2010 - 06:01 PM.

#39 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:58 PM

Posted Image

Still an a-hole

#40 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:18 PM

you realize if he wasn't interested in compromise he could've easily passed this over a year ago, right?

#41 outlaw4

outlaw4

Winning Cures Everything

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:02 PM

Even during 2008, I already knew that the promise of "change" wasn't going to be fulfilled as stated because the Republicans would do everything in their power to oppose everything he proposes and chastise those that don't promote the party line. Not to say that Dems wouldn't do the same had McCain won the election.

I suppose that's the root of the problem. In today's world, if one party's in the White House, the other party's only objective is to oppose the president on every point so that they look like a failure only to repeat the process once the roles are reversed.

Whatever happened to the concept of bipartisanship between politicians and civil conversations about politics between people? It's sleeping with the fishes.

#42 JeramiahCopperfield

JeramiahCopperfield

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:10 PM

Even during 2008, I already knew that the promise of "change" wasn't going to be fulfilled as stated because the Republicans would do everything in their power to oppose everything he proposes and chastise those that don't promote the party line. Not to say that Dems wouldn't do the same had McCain won the election.

I suppose that's the root of the problem. In today's world, if one party's in the White House, the other party's only objective is to oppose the president on every point so that they look like a failure only to repeat the process once the roles are reversed.

Whatever happened to the concept of bipartisanship between politicians and civil conversations about politics between people? It's sleeping with the fishes.

Break out of the false left-right dichotomy.

#43 KBRed

KBRed

Scooter Swag

• HUDDLER
  • 2,968 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:31 PM

I respect him...:rolleyes5:

Posted Image

#44 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_Let's Go Royals!_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,342 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:26 AM

Hard to form an opinion, he hasn't done much yet.

#45 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 01:40 AM

It's so nice to hear so many of you are happy with the state of the U.S. economy and job losses, and the continuing war, and the "oops, we fell for that one again, sorry!" (on the epidemic-pandemic-catastrophe du jour).

Obamanites would never admit if he did ANYTHING wrong. Even if one of you lost your job right now, you would prolly still blame Bush.

"Ignorance is the bird turd eating away at the cement foundation of these United States of America." - Me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com