Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KBRed

Racism

the only people who give a poo about al sharpton and jesse jackson are racist white people. they are a convenient scapegoat to point to as justification for their impotent rage.

all KT does is hold a mirror up to the huddle, and it enrages people.

:banghead:

Not much time has past since the civil rights movement in this country. While racism has diminished it still exists and is much more subtle than it used to be. There is a disproportionate amount of black people in the lower classes in this country - it's a fact you can't argue. I used to have similar feelings about guys like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, but all they are trying to do is help squash the inequality that exists, and they do that in an extreme way so their voice is heard. It's really debate 101.

Racism will always exist, in the same way that Duke fans will always hate UNC fans, but once the distribution of races in the various classes is equal it'll be just as trivial as Duke/UNC fans. So I'm not bothered at all by people fighting to make that a reality.

What percent of black people were slaves compared to the percent aborted today? (which was greatly exaggerated in his quote, btw)

The real question, the one pertinent to what he was saying, is how many black people experience slavery today, and how many have or know someone who has had an abortion?

The real question, the one pertinent to what he was saying, is how many black people experience slavery today, and how many have or know someone who has had an abortion?

that doesn't even make any sense

that's the real question?

it's exactly what he said. too many black people have abortions, so they were better off as slaves and had masters to make their decisions for them. explain to me how that's not what he said.

If what was posted was what he actually said, then you are way off the mark. He said slavery was bad, a stain on our society. And that the abortion of so many black babies is worse. Nothing racist about it whether you disagree with him or not.

what is the policy of today in the context of this quote?

allowing them to make their own decision on abortion. (except of course for the one being aborted).

what is the policy of slavery?

slavery. not having any decisions of their own.

Choice?

If what was posted was what he actually said, then you are way off the mark. He said slavery was bad, a stain on our society. And that the abortion of so many black babies is worse. Nothing racist about it whether you disagree with him or not.

that's not even a little what came out of his mouth.

that's not even a little what came out of his mouth.

You must have something different from the rest of us. :out:

Les get the whole statement shall we?

Mike Stark talks to Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.), a conservative in a safe seat who has no qualms about discussing abortion in extreme terms, and Stark gets the congressman to say legal abortion was worse for African-Americans than slavery was.

“I don’t believe for one second that he intends to insult anyone,” says Stark. “I don’t think he sees the racism (or paternalism) in what he’s saying.” I agree. Franks has been a huge proponent of this argument, going so far as to show the documentary “Mafaa 21: Black Genocide in 21st Century America” to his House colleagues. That film argues, as some black conservatives argue, that legal abortion came about as a plot by white eugenicists to destroy black America. So that’s where Franks is coming from.

FRANK: In this country, we had slavery for God knows how long. And now we look back on it and we say “How brave were they? What was the matter with them? You know, I can’t believe, you know, four million slaves. This is incredible.” And we’re right, we’re right. We should look back on that with criticism. It is a crushing mark on America’s soul. And yet today, half of all black children are aborted. Half of all black children are aborted. Far more of the African-American community is being devastated by the policies of today than were being devastated by policies of slavery. And I think, What does it take to get us to wake up?

:eek: WTF

You must have something different from the rest of us. :out:

reality.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    cynwhi