Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did anybody hear the interview with Matt Moore on Mac Attack this morning?

43 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

EDIT: It's up on FNZ, scroll down the page to see my summary

Posted · Report post

Its on Wfnz now

Posted · Report post

His new nickname is Matty nice..lol

Posted · Report post

Anything interesting?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='scpanther22']His new nickname is Matty nice..lol[/QUOTE]

LOL I hope not!!:lol:

Posted · Report post

Not a whole lot of substance, but here's a summary:

He wasn't surprised about his and team's play late in the season. Gave a lot of credit to the guys around him who "stepped up" their play. He says the momentum of the team's play has him excited for this year.

Asked about contract situation. He has had talks with the Panthers, it sounds like they are leaning towards tendering him this season. Says there have been brief talks about a long term deal. They will be meeting in a couple of days (he is in CA right now) and will discuss further. He thinks the tender is the direction they are going but will find out for sure then. He was then asked if based upon recent reports that he will be one of the top potentially available QBs if he or his agent thinks that other teams will offer us picks to sign him. He said anything is possible. However, he wanted to be clear that he wants to stay in Charlotte as he and wife love the area, and that his preference would be to stay as a Panther.

The question came up with a qualifier that it was known that he was a team guy, is he concerned at all with not being named the starter going in 2010. He said he was not at all, as even being named the starter doesn't mean you're not going to have competition. His primary concern is helping the team win, and he knows that Jake feels the same way. Asked if Jake was a big supporter of his when he was a starter - he said "Are you kidding?" Jake has been nothing but supportive, as were Josh and AJ, said it was a great situation for a young guy to be in with each of the veterans being standup guys.

He was asked about Smith's quote in that he wants a receiver faster than him out there. Matt laughed and said good luck with that, who is faster than Smitty. Said he would like that too, although he was quick to point out that Moose is still a good player. Said any negative perception that fans have about Smitty's personality are unfounded.

Mac was the one who came up with "Matty Nice". Moore just laughed, said he was honored that people were trying to come up with a nickname for him, and that he would co-sign the nickname.
7 people like this

Posted · Report post

sounds good to me.

Posted · Report post

Sounds like a pretty humble guy. Good shit X-Clown.

Posted · Report post

Matty Nice Montana .................yea I like it

Posted · Report post

Thanks, X-Clown.

[QUOTE]... even being named the starter doesn't mean you're not going to have competition.[/QUOTE]

If only this were true.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='X-Clown']Not a whole lot of substance, but here's a summary:

He wasn't surprised about his and team's play late in the season. Gave a lot of credit to the guys around him who "stepped up" their play. He says the momentum of the team's play has him excited for this year.

Asked about contract situation. He has had talks with the Panthers, it sounds like they are leaning towards tendering him this season. Says there have been brief talks about a long term deal. They will be meeting in a couple of days (he is in CA right now) and will discuss further. He thinks the tender is the direction they are going but will find out for sure then. He was then asked if based upon recent reports that he will be one of the top potentially available QBs if he or his agent thinks that other teams will offer us picks to sign him. He said anything is possible. However, he wanted to be clear that he wants to stay in Charlotte as he and wife love the area, and that his preference would be to stay as a Panther.

The question came up with a qualifier that it was known that he was a team guy, is he concerned at all with not being named the starter going in 2010. He said he was not at all, as even being named the starter doesn't mean you're not going to have competition. His primary concern is helping the team win, and he knows that Jake feels the same way. Asked if Jake was a big supporter of his when he was a starter - he said "Are you kidding?" Jake has been nothing but supportive, as were Josh and AJ, said it was a great situation for a young guy to be in with each of the veterans being standup guys.

He was asked about Smith's quote in that he wants a receiver faster than him out there. Matt laughed and said good luck with that, who is faster than Smitty. Said he would like that too, although he was quick to point out that Moose is still a good player. Said any negative perception that fans have about Smitty's personality are unfounded.

Mac was the one who came up with "Matty Nice". Moore just laughed, said he was honored that people were trying to come up with a nickname for him, and that he would co-sign the nickname.[/QUOTE]

This kid knows all the right things to say, that's step # 1 of becoming a franchise QB.

I'm excited about Moore, I think we could really be sitting on a gold mine with him... he might just turn out to be our Tom Brady after all (with Jake playing the part of Bledsoe).

Posted · Report post

I did not know he was married

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CatMan72']This kid knows all the right things to say, that's step # 1 of becoming a franchise QB.

I'm excited about Moore, I think we could really be sitting on a gold mine with him... he might just turn out to be our Tom Brady after all (with Jake playing the part of Bledsoe).[/QUOTE]

Yep...it's great to hear a qb talk without saying...um...and...you know

Posted · Report post

thanks for the synopsis X-clown. Lets hope Matt can continue down the right path and is given the chance to do so...

Posted · Report post

If anyone can find a link to this interview please post it

Posted · Report post

So he didn't say he liked our uniforms? Cut him.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='law1984ecu']If anyone can find a link to this interview please post it[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.wfnz.com/pages/139668.php[/url]'

There's a list of podcasts, look for the one on 3/2 with Matt.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='scpanther22']I did not know he was married[/QUOTE]

disappointed?

Posted · Report post

one thing that some of you might be missing....apparently the panthers are talking to players. no need for panic. just because you aren't hearing things doesn't mean that they aren't happening.

Posted · Report post

If they locked him up for atleast a 3 year deal that would make me happy and show any FA that might come here that we are commetted to one QB. I love Jake but I think he knows its over just like we do. I still feel that McCown will be Fox's Fav and Moore will be the FO fav.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm really rooting for this guy.

Posted · Report post

I love me some Matt Moore. Been high on him since we picked him up as a Free Agent off the waiver wire. A very good move by Marty Hurney might I add.

Im confident that Matt Moore will beat out Jake for the starting job this offseason. I think thats the way it needs to be too, we dont have to name Matt Moore the starter. Matt Moore will outplay Delhomme this offseason and will become the starting QB for this team.

Posted · Report post

Any reason X-Clown was told to have some pie

??????????

Posted · Report post

[quote name='beastson']Any reason X-Clown was told to have some pie

??????????[/QUOTE]

Because pie is delicious?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='beastson']Any reason X-Clown was told to have some pie

??????????[/QUOTE]

I think some people equate pie with the same as positive rep, even if that is not possibly the intent.