Photo
- - - - -

Just a tip for anyone trying to go...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#16 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:02 AM

I think they will make it permanent. The goal was more to decrease the likelihood of ticket fraud - I think that probably has happened. Even though it was illegal, people did it anyway - only now there are regulations. Plus, I'm betting that ticket broker lobby is strong.

#17 ubecool454

ubecool454

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:04 AM

All two of them, against the Cowboys the most popular team in the NFL.....

I disagree, with the opponent tix will be around face on the street, I'll be surprised if online prices don't fall to the 20 to 30 percent over face range by Thursday. Outside of Charlotte this isn't a big game, 72K seats are hard to fill with just Panther fans.

Why would it be hard to get 72K panthers fans in BOA stadium......isn't that stadium 100% psl seating?

#18 User Name

User Name

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:10 AM

I don't see anything wrong with a psl holder selling his tickets for a profit afterall, they put up some big buck for those license to be able to buy tickets. I own Texans psl seats and when we were stinking it up really bad we were taking a beating on our ticket prices. It was hard to even get close to face value. I think it evens out because teams will have good years and bad years. I have paid big bucks for panthers tickets off ebay in the past but it was because I don't usually get to see them play in NC so I paid the cost. The Texans actually encourage fans to sell extra tickets on stubhub, and if you know anything about them...they are higher than ebay.

If the market demand stood up to the prices there wouldn't be anything wrong with it. The problem is what you have now is people attempting to flip tickets for a quick profit. They price out the local fans for big games and we end up with rivals buying them up.

For the less desirable games the tickets mostly go unused unless the broker funnels them through the secondary supplier on the street, and this is Illegal.

If they capped the internet markup to say 50% over face I wouldn't have any problem with it. I know your going to say free market, but it's what keeps butts out of seats when the tixs are over priced on the net.

For a perfect example look at the ticket exchange prices for Saturdays game. They aren't going to sale at those prices, they'll end up getting dumped to the streets on Saturday or trashed.

#19 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:10 AM

Why would it be hard to get 72K panthers fans in BOA stadium......isn't that stadium 100% psl seating?

Only 60-65 thousand tickets are PSL. I am glad for the change. Its buyer beware on the streets during high demand games. I think the team actually encourages it through the tick exchange.

#20 ubecool454

ubecool454

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:38 AM

Only 60-65 thousand tickets are PSL. I am glad for the change. Its buyer beware on the streets during high demand games. I think the team actually encourages it through the tick exchange.

Yeah I would think they would have a ticket exchange. I just checked stubhub prices and they are anywhere from $85 on up. Those tickets have bar codes so how can they sell fraudulent tickets?

#21 Towelboy

Towelboy

day late & a dollar short

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:01 PM

you will NOT get playoff tickets in charlotte for below face. they will be selling at double face until around halftime, then they may drop to face. it doesn't matter if carolina was playing a retirement home's jv squad, playoffs in charlotte are a big deal and scalpers know it.

#22 User Name

User Name

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:58 PM

Those tickets have bar codes so how can they sell fraudulent tickets?

The bar code can be scanned and printed just as easily as the rest of the ticket. It's best to stick to PSL tix, the easiest way to check for their authanticity is to rub the back of the ticket with a coin, the Panthers logo should appear where the coin is rubbed.

If you use the coin trick the only thing you have to worry about is a double sold ticket, either stolen, or reported lost.

#23 User Name

User Name

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:02 PM

you will NOT get playoff tickets in charlotte for below face. they will be selling at double face until around halftime, then they may drop to face. it doesn't matter if carolina was playing a retirement home's jv squad, playoffs in charlotte are a big deal and scalpers know it.

I'm not going to say you're wrong but prices have been dropping since Saturday night. Uppers are already falling below double face on stubhub. By Saturday (especially if the weather isn't the best) they'll be no more than 25% over face on the street.

If you're a scalper holding out for more than that you'll be ending up with expensive bookmarks to throw in the trash.

#24 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:14 PM

I don't see anything wrong with a psl holder selling his tickets for a profit afterall, they put up some big bucks for those license to be able to buy tickets. I own Texans psl seats and when we were stinking it up really bad we were taking a beating on our ticket prices. It was hard to even get close to face value. I think it evens out because teams will have good years and bad years. I have paid big bucks for panthers tickets off ebay in the past but it was because I don't usually get to see them play in NC so I paid the cost. The Texans actually encourage fans to sell extra tickets on stubhub.com, and if you know anything about them...they are higher than ebay.

Stubhub takes a lot more money in commission than ebay.

#25 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:25 PM

Yeah I would think they would have a ticket exchange. I just checked stubhub prices and they are anywhere from $85 on up. Those tickets have bar codes so how can they sell fraudulent tickets?

One way is for the owner to cancel the hard ticket via their account and print out a new one. So you have a hard "real" ticket but the barcode no longer works.

The ticketmaster ones are easier to fake.

#26 ubecool454

ubecool454

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:41 PM

The bar code can be scanned and printed just as easily as the rest of the ticket. It's best to stick to PSL tix, the easiest way to check for their authanticity is to rub the back of the ticket with a coin, the Panthers logo should appear where the coin is rubbed.

If you use the coin trick the only thing you have to worry about is a double sold ticket, either stolen, or reported lost.

Yeah I see what you are saying. This is why the psl owner has to be careful who he sells to. We can email our tickets and it kills the barcode on the original ticket but a buyer wouldn't know for sure if the ticket is good until he tries to get in and the scanner says no. I haven't heard of anything like that going on here but I guess playoff games make the crooks come out.

#27 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:54 PM

If a ticket is sold through ticketexchange - the seller doesn't have to do anything at all. The original tickets are canceled and new ones are e-mail to the buyer. No muss, no fuss. But because those original tickets are out there, it could still be buyer beware. Which is why internet sites that guarantee the tickets are so important. If you buy a ticket from one of those sites, and it is no good - depending on the policy of the site, you will receive a comparable ticket, or you will get your money back.

#28 KristenisHot

KristenisHot

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:54 PM

I love scalpin' tix.

Edited by mush, 05 January 2009 - 07:12 PM.

#29 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:41 PM

And I think it's also illegal to impersonate a police officer Charlottenian

dang.... always have to listen to the huddle mom..... Thanks...

#30 User Name

User Name

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

Well now I'm convinced the anti scalping law repeal made otherwise sane people loose their minds. There are over 2000 tickets available on both ticket exchange and stubhub, amazingly the tickets listed on the exchange haven't budged much off of the exuberant prices while the hub has been trending down for the last couple of days. Very few tix are selling on either site.

In the mean time tix are barely bringing 20% over face on E-Bay if they sale at all...

Anybody familiar with how the ticket exchange works can you clue me in, is there a set minimum? Can the seller adjust the price if they want after the tix are posted? If neither of these are the cause of the overpricing these people need to get a clue, they aren't going to sale these tix for 150% over face, the ticket isn't that hot.

Edited by User Name, 06 January 2009 - 05:03 PM.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com