• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#46 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,658 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:24 PM

you mean couldn't care less, right muzzy?

lol the bush administration got inspiration from the show 24 what are you talking about

http://tpmmuckraker....he_top_down.php

is this an attempt to get me to stop calling you on your bullsh*t because it's pretty transparent.

So you were a part of the Bush administration, and you know that they got their inspiration from 24? How about naming some names of administration officials that got their inspiration from 24.

I was involved in a couple of incidents that colored my opinions on reporters.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 12 January 2009 - 06:32 PM.

#47 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,658 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:40 PM

I was aboard the USS Iowa in 1989. We had a turret explosion that killed many members of our crew. Some Journalist were very professional, and did a good job investigating their sources before they aired a story. Others took raw unverified information, and made the lives of the families that were effected by the explosion a living hell for several months. One reporter went so far as to report on powder experiments that were being conducted at the time of the explosion. And his source for the information was a seaman recruit who wasn't even in the turret that had the incident and had only been on the ship for two months. He eventually recanted his story, and a retraction was printed. That is one of several incidents I was directly or indirectly involved in.

Reporters are just like everyone else, there are some that know what they are doing, and some that don't. To be fair, some of the reporters that worked on the Iowa story did the public a great service by exposing some of the Navy's misguided attempts at investigation. Others merely jumped in when it was hot with little regard for facts. You can call it bullsh*t if you want to, I don't particularly care. But I have seen evidence of reporters being more interested in ratings than in facts firsthand.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 12 January 2009 - 06:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com