Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Better Secondary:Panthers or Saints?

Better Secondary   37 votes

1. 1. Better Secondary

• Panthers
    • Saints

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 posts in this topic

Posted

My point is that fan voting all star games = a disaster and is in no way an indicator for a players skill.

OK, I don't want to see any more posts saying D-Will is a Pro-Bowler then. :rolleyes:

Posted

When Harris was there I would say CAR, but I think NO has better safeties while CAR has better CBs

Posted

OK, I don't want to see any more posts saying D-Will is a Pro-Bowler then. :rolleyes:

I should have said it's not always an indicator.

Want an example of how 'legit' the pro bowl is? where was D-Will in 2008 when he broke 1500 yards on less than 300 carries, scored a league high 18 touchdowns, and ZERO fumbles?

Posted

Well several of the previous posters said it depended on the safety play. So there.

eh, what do they know?

Posted

Well, honestly, I think you kinda have to give it to the Saints. Sure we did pretty well against he pass last year, but the situations both had to endure were completely different. We had extreme problems stopping the run early last year, so our stats are always going to be a bit skewed.

We have one unknown in Martin, Godfrey who everyone wants to destroy, Gamble and Marshall who most think has under performed. When the Saints secondary was healthy, they were genuinely very good, just that they were rarely healthy. They fixed this with two high picks in the last two drafts on the secondary. Our secondary has only lost players...

Posted

Well, honestly, I think you kinda have to give it to the Saints. Sure we did pretty well against he pass last year, but the situations both had to endure were completely different. We had extreme problems stopping the run early last year, so our stats are always going to be a bit skewed.

We have one unknown in Martin, Godfrey who everyone wants to destroy, Gamble and Marshall who most think has under performed. When the Saints secondary was healthy, they were genuinely very good, just that they were rarely healthy. They fixed this with two high picks in the last two drafts on the secondary. Our secondary has only lost players...

Have you seen the Saints run defense? try again

Posted

and i keep hearing uncertainty with our safteties (even though one has started and showed improvement, and the other played well in his debut w/ Chris Harris out), is there not uncertainty with Darren Sharper? did he not just come off on knee surgery?

1 person likes this

Posted

I mean to be fair, the saints have to play Steve Smith twice a year.... Who wouldn't have a terrible secondary???? :D

Posted

and i keep hearing uncertainty, is there not uncertainty with Darren Sharper? did he not just come off on knee surgery?

yea there is, but one thing the Saints have for certain is a legitimate pass rush. we don't(although like I said, potential is there.)

secondary talent doesn't matter when the QB has absolutely zero pressure on him.

Posted

poll unnecessary

That's what she said. :(

and i keep hearing uncertainty, is there not uncertainty with Darren Sharper? did he not just come off on knee surgery?

There was uncertainty surrounding Sharper before last season. I'm just sayin'.

Posted

So I suppose that John Stinchcomb, who also made the Pro Bowl, is better than Jeff Otah because Otah did not make the Pro Bowl. I guess Johnathan Vilma being voted to the Pro Bowl ahead of Jon Beason makes him a better player also.