Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bobs to be in active in the next few weeks

43 posts in this topic

Posted

it would give LB another rookie to ignore (he will)

I know the Larry Brown hire is probably the best thing to date that has happened to the franchise but is it possible that it is his mentality of not playing rookies that could be hurting these draft picks? Yes, a majority of them were terrible picks, but I thought the DJ pick signaled the end of poor drafting decisions. Now we are saying he is yet another first round bust for the Bobcats, and even after a few years with the franchise, he's still a long way from being the franchise PG we all hoped for.

I am not absolving the FO for their poor drafting, I'm just sick of seeing rookies like Curry and Evans go to their respective teams and make an instant impact. These guys are no longer playing college ball, so they don't need a "redshirt" year to learn to "play the right way."

Posted

When the Cats passed on Lopez and went with DJ, when a big was needed, that just let me know it was the same old same old.

I also wouldnt mind Vasquez with a pick in the late 1st or 2nd. I read that Miami at pick 18 is looking to sell their pick.

Posted

When the Cats passed on Lopez and went with DJ, when a big was needed, that just let me know it was the same old same old.

I also wouldnt mind Vasquez with a pick in the late 1st or 2nd. I read that Miami at pick 18 is looking to sell their pick.

I doubt we buy a first round pick, the organization is hemorrhaging money, so if we buy any pick I'd put money on it being in the mid-to-late second round. There's going to be teams looking to dump a pick though, and we do have a decent trade chip or two.

Posted

I forgot all about Rondo being available when the Bobcats took Morrison in 06'. Geez, do you think that Rondo could have been a better addition to the current Bobcats squad which had a point guard who couldn't set up his teammates and couldn't play defense? :lol:

Posted

I forgot all about Rondo being available when the Bobcats took Morrison in 06'. Geez, do you think that Rondo could have been a better addition to the current Bobcats squad which had a point guard who couldn't set up his teammates and couldn't play defense? :lol:

Rondo was available last year also via trade.

Posted

Rondo was available last year also via trade.

Not that I'm sticking up for drafting Morrison, or the FO in general, but: A) Did anybody see Rondo turning into an all-world PG at the time of the draft; B)Did we have the pieces neccessary to acquire Rondo via trade last year?

Its nice to be able to look back and damn the front office for drafts gone wrong and trades that should have been made, but hindsight is 20/20 for a reason. Not that the Bobcats haven't done a horrible job in the draft, but its really easy to sit back and play "what if".

Posted

Is it too much to hope for 2 draft picks and a trade of Boris Diaw? That is what i hope to see come thursday. I have two players i am wanting to see in Orange.

Jarvis Varnado of Mississippi State a big shot blocker PF to pair with Thomas.

Mikhail Torrance of Alabama a combo guard that could pair with the size deficit of DJ.

Both of these guys have length and defensive capability that would fit what the Bobcats like to do. We could trade Diaw for the awful Eddy Curry contract in NY and their two 2nd round picks. This would only work of course if Tyson opts out.

Posted

CP3 would make us a more serious playoff team. He already knows Jordan. Teams are offering a lot for him right about now only because of how he makes you an instant threat. There have been grumblings lately per FNZ. I hope the Bobcats are one of those teams putting their best foot forward on this opportunity. CP in the hands of Larry Brown would be something truly beautiful. I think he'd come, IF a door was opened...

Posted

I'd also like to see if we sign Darius Miles. He made a strong gesture and if he's anything near to what he was that would be a great pick up. We lacked depth in the playoffs.

Posted

Not that I'm sticking up for drafting Morrison, or the FO in general, but: A) Did anybody see Rondo turning into an all-world PG at the time of the draft; B)Did we have the pieces neccessary to acquire Rondo via trade last year?

A) No, that has as much to do with changing the hand-check rules as much as anything.

B) Yes, absolutely.

Posted

Darius Miles??? Did he ever do anything in the NBA?

Posted

Both of these guys have length and defensive capability that would fit what the Bobcats like to do. We could trade Diaw for the awful Eddy Curry contract in NY and their two 2nd round picks. This would only work of course if Tyson opts out.

Not going to happen for that very reason. Unless our FO knows for a 100% fact that Chandler is going to opt out and that they won't re-sign him (it'll be a mistake if they don't) then there's no way that they'd bring in another contract that large.

CP3 would make us a more serious playoff team. He already knows Jordan. Teams are offering a lot for him right about now only because of how he makes you an instant threat. There have been grumblings lately per FNZ. I hope the Bobcats are one of those teams putting their best foot forward on this opportunity. CP in the hands of Larry Brown would be something truly beautiful. I think he'd come, IF a door was opened...

He doesn't get to pick what team he goes to, the Hornets do. If Paul gets traded, and that's a huge if, I seriously doubt it will be to the Bobcats. Its going to be impossible to fit him in without moving Chandler, and if we trade Chandler we don't have a starting center, or even a second guy worthy to piar with Nazr for a rotation at center. Its a nice pipe dream, but our best shot at Paul is going to come in free agency in a few years.