Photo
- - - - -

If Wake beats UNC tonight...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#31 CM86

CM86

aka Benjamin Linus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:30 PM

good game and good night.

#32 Cuttinedge

Cuttinedge

• ALL-PRO
  • 428 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:32 PM

Coach Gaudio is a class act. Congratulations Wake

#33 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:34 PM

Good game Wake, you were the better team tonight. Teague just killed us. But, then, that happens in about every game we play - some guy is gonna go nuts on us.

I hope this game establishes Green as our leader, cause we are lacking in that department. Sheesh...I hope we have no more Sunday night games.

#34 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,492 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:35 PM

Duke will beat Wake by 20 and Teague will shoot 2 for 18. Mark it down I said it..

Dear Carolina players you actually have to play the season to win the NCAA . they just don't give it to ya

Wake beat Duke last year, and Wake was nowhere near as good as they are this year. So I will mark it down, and bring it back up on Jan 28th.

#35 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:38 PM

Duke doesn't match up well with Wake at all. I thought before the season started it would be UNC, Wake, CLemson and Duke in that order. UNC still has a shot at top two, but Wake is gonna make things interesting.

Hopefully Ellington found his shot tonight. We need him to make those outside shots.

#36 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:45 PM

pathetic performance by us.

#37 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:49 PM

I said in another thread, and I believe it, we lack the overall athleticism to win it all...I think this team also lacks gritty leadership from it's upperclassmen. For all the accollades given Hansbrough, he is just a decent player. Green is our best player, and it's not close. I'd like to see him take over and be the guy.

#38 Silverskull

Silverskull

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:52 PM

hell, in for a penny in for a pound--what weekend would be complete without two major letdowns.

#39 Cuttinedge

Cuttinedge

• ALL-PRO
  • 428 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:55 PM

Wake beat Duke last year, and Wake was nowhere near as good as they are this year. So I will mark it down, and bring it back up on Jan 28th.

I know ya'l beat them last year and I hope you do again this year.
I'm just saying when someone goes off on us for 30 they turn around and score 5 against Duke.. go figure

#40 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:59 PM

Question: What was Hans thinking with the step back three?

#41 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,492 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:02 PM

I know ya'l beat them last year and I hope you do again this year.
I'm just saying when someone goes off on us for 30 they turn around and score 5 against Duke.. go figure

Sorry, thought you were a Duke fan.

Teague will play well against Duke in Winston, but will likely struggle when we go to Cameron. Thats the way it usually goes for us.

#42 huggybear1688

huggybear1688

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:05 PM

UNC to play like total crap and 5 on 8 and still have a shot at winning in the end is OK by me, its dissapointing but just soooo much against us tonight

#43 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,492 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:10 PM

UNC to play like total crap and 5 on 8 and still have a shot at winning in the end is OK by me, its dissapointing but just soooo much against us tonight

28 fouls called against UNC, 27 against Wake. Yea, the refs were definitely biased against you guys. :eek:

The game was called tight, a lot of fouls were called, but it was called even.

#44 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,406 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:23 AM

Well this somewhat redeemed the weekend for me.

#45 huggybear1688

huggybear1688

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:52 AM

Teague was pushing off very frequently, none were called, Graves two handed pushed out of bounds, wake ball no foul, wake player takes danny green to the floor, called out of bounds to wake, ellington fouled a multitude of times when driving to the basket, only 1 was called, the stupid double foul that was absolutely nothing was for some reason called when neither player did anything giving Hans his fourth foul i believe , i can go on but they were blatently biased towards wake by a mile and a half

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com