33 replies to this topic

#16 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,200 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:52 PM

:rofl: at someone trying to say the Big 10 is one of the strongest conferences....

#17 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:04 PM

You're the only one on this site who would say the Big East is better then the Big 10.

Your still claiming the conference is good, even last year, because the bottom 4 teams when their bowls. Who cares, they played against other mediocre teams. Whens the last time the Big East had 2 BCS teams?

Yes, their bottom teams are better then other conference bottom dwellers, but you think that makes them a better conference.

I've showed you that the Big 10 vs Big East record, with a overwhelming majority of wins going to the Big 10, and you want to argue.

You think VT or GT cant handle the best of the Big East? USC and Oregon definately could. So what conference/teams do you think are not as good as the mighty Big East?

Big 10 Right now only has Ohio St. try to argue all you want but that is the truth. You posted the Big 10 record against the Big East for all time we are talking the past decade.

NO I am sure I cant get more to agree that Big East is better than the Big 10.

Conferences that the Big East is better.

All except the SEC.

Also to have 2 BCS Schools one school has to the BCS Championship game which isnt really a good gauge on a conference. Ohio St. went twice and got there ass kicked because of a weak conference schedule.

BTW WVU could beat any team in the nation.

Edited by Squirrel, 05 September 2010 - 04:08 PM.

#18 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:12 PM

:rofl: at someone trying to say the Big 10 is one of the strongest conferences....

Do you watch college football? Tell me how many BCS games the Big 10 won last year. I wont hold my breathe for your reply.

Big 10 Right now only has Ohio St. try to argue all you want but that is the truth. You posted the Big 10 record against the Big East for all time we are talking the past decade.

NO I am sure I cant get more to agree that Big East is better than the Big 10.

Conferences that the Big East is better.

All except the SEC.

Also to have 2 BCS Schools one school has to the BCS Championship game which isnt really a good gauge on a conference. Ohio St. went twice and got there ass kicked because of a weak conference schedule.

BTW WVU could beat any team in the nation.

Your dead wrong and all credibility is down the drain. Ohio ST and Iowa both won BCS games last year, and neither played for the BCS Championship.

I want to hear those people say the Big East is better, not you speaking for them. And please, WVU cant beat anyone worth a damn, not only this year, but the past 2 years.

#19 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,200 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:21 PM

I didn't realize the only teams that mattered were the top two teams in your conference....tell me this, how many times has Ohio State got bitch smacked in big games in the last oh....5 years....

#20 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:46 PM

Do you watch college football? Tell me how many BCS games the Big 10 won last year. I wont hold my breathe for your reply.

Your dead wrong and all credibility is down the drain. Ohio ST and Iowa both won BCS games last year, and neither played for the BCS Championship.

I want to hear those people say the Big East is better, not you speaking for them. And please, WVU cant beat anyone worth a damn, not only this year, but the past 2 years.

They changed the BCS last year or atleast the Orange bowl changed affiliations. Used to be a Big East tie in along with the ACC. But last year the Orange changed it to BCS vs ACC.

Yeah way to stipulate the last 2 years. WVU can beat anyone and you will see that when they beat LSU this year.

#21 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:20 AM

I didn't realize the only teams that mattered were the top two teams in your conference....tell me this, how many times has Ohio State got bitch smacked in big games in the last oh....5 years....

Twice, whats your point?
Does the SEC brag about winning the Capital One Bowl? Not hardly, conferences are judged by their top 2-3 teams son.

They changed the BCS last year or atleast the Orange bowl changed affiliations. Used to be a Big East tie in along with the ACC. But last year the Orange changed it to BCS vs ACC.

Yeah way to stipulate the last 2 years. WVU can beat anyone and you will see that when they beat LSU this year.

Wrong again. Iowa played in the Orange Bowl vs USC in 2002 when Ohio ST won the National Championship. Also Ohio ST played in the Fiesta Bowl vs Texas when Penn ST played in the Rose Bowl. Also, Illinios played in the Rose Bowl when we played in the National Championship. Man, you have no idea about college football.

And you saying WVU beating LSU, like Marshall over Ohio ST, proves it!

#22 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,200 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:43 PM

Bro, your team beat Marshall and you're here beating your chest...beat somebody that actually matters. Tell ya what if your team handles Miami next week come here and brag all you want, I wont say a thing....until your team beats somebody worth a damn they're just like 95% of the teams in the nation......complete unknowns.....does OSU have the chance to be a great team this season, of course. Do I fully expect OSU to drop a game they shouldn't in conference go to the NC with one loss and get drilled by the SEC or Big XII champion??? Why yes I absolutely do..... it wouldn't be college football if there weren't delusional Buckeye fans now would it.....

Edited by C42[)14C C47, 06 September 2010 - 06:46 PM.

#23 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,281 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:47 PM

Posted Image

#24 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,200 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:51 PM

Posted Image

I would love to say I hate you and find some reason to bash the SEC but this time I've got nothing. Plus I don't want to get banned two days in a row....

Oh wait....Ole Miss....

:rofl:

#25 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,281 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:29 PM

I would love to say I hate you and find some reason to bash the SEC but this time I've got nothing. Plus I don't want to get banned two days in a row....

Oh wait....Ole Miss....

:rofl:

:lol:

You could probably also talk about how embarrassingly horrible Florida looked vs. Miami.

#26 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,200 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:14 PM

:lol:

You could probably also talk about how embarrassingly horrible Florida looked vs. Miami.

Meh, my team didn't look much better on defense against Hawaii, I'll cut you some slack....

#27 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:58 PM

Posted Image

/thread

is the rest really worth talking about?

#28 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:27 PM

/thread

is the rest really worth talking about?

*Super kicks the thread back open*

http://www.secsports...t-football.html

For now, the current all-time, head-to-head, SEC vs Big East football record (through 2009; SEC went 3-1 vs Big East in '09) shows the Big East with a 21-19 (.525) advantage.

Edited by Squirrel, 06 September 2010 - 09:33 PM.

#29 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:02 PM

*Super kicks the thread back open*

http://www.secsports...t-football.html

Hmmm I like this one...

So, here is the bowl game record (through 2008-2009) of the major college football conferences (based on historical conference affiliation). The first number is total bowl games. The second is wins; third is losses; fourth is ties; fifth is bowl game win percentage.

Bowls Wins Losses Ties Win %
SEC 348 190 149 9 .559
Pac-10 193 103 88 2 .539
Big Ten 209 97 111 1 .467
ACC 166 81 83 2 .494
Big 8 127 63 63 1 .500
Southwest 151 63 80 8 .444
Big 12 92 45 47 0 .489
Big East 76 42 34 0 .553
WAC 101 42 58 1 .421

I wonder if the stats you posted count the Kentucky vs Louisville game :sifone:

#30 Squirrel