Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:37 PM

http://sportsillustr...ns.1/index.html

Too many mentions of the Panthers to quote just one. Really shows how polarizing the Panthers are. One writer has us in the NFC Championship, one has us as the team with the worst record.

#2 pantherholic

pantherholic

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:01 PM

Considering Jerome Bettis is the one who picked us with the worst record, I don't think anyone should lose any sleep over it. I do have a couple questions though:

1. Peter King says that Fox will be gone because the Panthers do not want to pay a Top 5 head coach salary. I understand if they just want Fox gone, but I have heard this before as well. So, does that mean that no matter who the coach is and what success he has here, the Panthers will never pay a Top 5 salary? I find it hard to believe that they would simply say good-bye to a Top 5 coach, whether it's Fox or someone else, because they don't want to pay the going rate salary.

2. I don't keep up with other NFL teams like I used to. That said, am I missing something when it comes to the Falcons? Out of the eight "experts" in this column, six have the Falcons winning the division or being one of the wildcard teams. I don't put a lot of stock in these predictions, but I've heard other analysts give the same type of outlook for them. I definitely understand why people would have reservations about the Panthers with so many unknowns, but have the Falcons really improved themselves?

#3 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,168 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:07 PM

Well Turner missed a lot of games last year, Ryan is still a very good QB, they have a decent enough WR and TE corp, and their defense is quite decent. I doubt they can beat the Saints to the top of the division, but they definitely aren't a weak team.

#4 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • 10,433 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:07 PM

2. I don't keep up with other NFL teams like I used to. That said, am I missing something when it comes to the Falcons? Out of the eight "experts" in this column, six have the Falcons winning the division or being one of the wildcard teams. I don't put a lot of stock in these predictions, but I've heard other analysts give the same type of outlook for them. I definitely understand why people would have reservations about the Panthers with so many unknowns, but have the Falcons really improved themselves?

No, your not wrong. They are the same they have always been. Like always, they are overrated as usual.

From the Onion:

* Strength: It's been more than a year since Matt Ryan appeared in a Gillette commercial, so the Gillette commercial curse should have run its course; Black is still a very intimidating color
* Weakness: Have all the makings of a team that stays just competitive enough to keep their fans clinging to hope through a 7-9 season
* Player To Watch: Everyone respects a player toughing through injury, but it remains to be seen how Michael Turner expects to produce without his surgically removed left foot
* Biggest Question: Can the Braves' return to relevance in baseball keep people distracted as the Falcons start 0-3?

#5 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:08 PM

LMAO GB in the Super Bowl, come on now

#6 beach

beach

|~~-~-~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,674 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:13 PM

Everyone is sooo convinced GB will be in the Super Bowl this year. They be good, but that's a lot of bro-love for em'. On the AFC side of things, I'm surprised for the lack of love for the Colts. They are an improved unit from their AFC Champion squad from last year.

#7 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,974 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:14 PM

LMAO GB in the Super Bowl, come on now

Absolutely....they are my pick as well.

#8 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • 10,433 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:14 PM

Really? Someone picked us to be the team with the worst record?

REALLY?

I know there are worse teams...and you can still win games without a qb...just not very many.

#9 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,168 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:25 PM

Other than Dallas, who else can make the SB from the NFC other than GB? I guess the Saints? I don't mind all the GB picks. They're that good. If they had a better RB...dear lord.

#10 Raskle

Raskle

Huddle Rogue

• HUDDLER
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:27 PM

They don't have a quarterback. When you don't have a quarterback in the NFL, you're not going to be a really good football team.

Good to see he knows exactly how our QBs will play. I might have respected it more had Bettis said we have young or inexperienced QBs and that we could struggle due to this.. but not having one at all? Yeah, Moore's record at the end of last year means he's not a QB :rolleyes:

Edited by Raskle, 07 September 2010 - 01:31 PM.

#11 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,974 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:28 PM

Really? Someone picked us to be the team with the worst record?

REALLY?

I know there are worse teams...and you can still win games without a qb...just not very many.

It is Jerome Bettis. He was a great RB, but is dumb as a box of rocks.

#12 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,291 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:34 PM

No, your not wrong. They are the same they have always been. Like always, they are overrated as usual.

From the Onion:

* Strength: It's been more than a year since Matt Ryan appeared in a Gillette commercial, so the Gillette commercial curse should have run its course; Black is still a very intimidating color
* Weakness: Have all the makings of a team that stays just competitive enough to keep their fans clinging to hope through a 7-9 season
* Player To Watch: Everyone respects a player toughing through injury, but it remains to be seen how Michael Turner expects to produce without his surgically removed left foot
* Biggest Question: Can the Braves' return to relevance in baseball keep people distracted as the Falcons start 0-3?

lol I saw that today. Leave it to the Onion to articulate the heart of the issue a million times better than any bullshit mainstream media outlet.

Oh yeah and to answer the other guy the reason the Falcons are favored is because they signed an overrated free agent corner thus "fixing" their defense (again) and the sports media is still engaged in their now 2+ year Matt Ryan cock smoke-off where John Clayton leads everyone at ESPN and SI in a spirited beat-off fest based on the thought of Ryan becoming better than a game manager

Edited by london67, 07 September 2010 - 01:37 PM.

#13 beach

beach

|~~-~-~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,674 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:40 PM

It is Jerome Bettis. He was a great RB, but is dumb as a box of rocks.

He even picked Peppers to be the best defensive player. ugh

#14 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • 10,433 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:58 PM

http://sportsillustr...mail/index.html

He did also say that he makes wacky ass predictions that are always wrong. But still, he mentioned Lafell as a breakout and he is one of the few outside of our fans that has faith in Matty. (Oh wait, a lot of our fan base doesn't either)

#15 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:58 PM

That good? Aaron is a good QB, but he's not elite enough to control games and win them for you like a Manning or Brees. 2nd, their run game wont do shiznit this year. 3rd, their defense wont be as good as it was last year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.