Photo
- - - - -

Who's to blame if the Panthers suck this year?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

Poll: Who's to blame if the Panthers suck this year? (82 member(s) have cast votes)

Who's to blame if the Panthers suck this year?

1. F.O. for Hampering Fox & Hurney (3 votes [3.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.66%

2. Fox & Coaches take complete blame (20 votes [24.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.39%

3. Hurney for being in charge of talent brought in (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Jerry Richardson for being a cheap ass owner (30 votes [36.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.59%

5. Players for not living up to their talent (4 votes [4.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.88%

6. Other (please explain) (9 votes [10.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.98%

7. Zod looks good in his mother's panties (16 votes [19.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.51%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:32 AM

Something I found on the Observer site.

charlesbright
wrote on 09/21/2010 04:05:22 PM:

I have been censored for....well for thinking yesterday and today. I've gone to the Editor about it, and supposedly everything is now OK for me to speak my mind. So I shall. At the risk of repeating myself again, here's the real problem thus far. I was rushed to get to a job this morning, but now have time to expand on my "J' Accuse" letter - "I believe everything is coming down from Mr. Richardson who is head of the owners committee negotiating with the players union. Mr Richardson is setting an example for other owners. It's business and Mr. Richardson does not play when it comes to business. Word went down to get rid of mostly all players with tenure. No doubt Fox's loyalty to players led him to argue with the decision, and that argument may have sealed Fox's fate with the Panthers. Fox would never have started a season without a seasoned QB, unless forced to do so. The acrimony quickly spread to other players and coaches, who are determined to see that the Panthers pay for their owners attacks on them. Moore was caught in a trap where he had coaches who refused to coach him up and intentionally making bad calls, and players who refused to protect him or play for him and intentionally trying to lose. I hope I'm wrong, but don't look for any great changes in support with Clausen being the new QB. What we are seeing, I'm afraid, is the front lines of a union war with the owners, and we Panthers fans are the only fans who are casualties of the war so far.

Something to think about, interesting...

I just find that incredibly hard to believe. There are disgruntled players ont he team due t Foxy not playing them, so why would they feel they need to hide this? We also have had plenty of fans up close and personal with many players and they also have not spilt the beans.

The theory that some players are intentionall trying to lose is a load of baloney. No professional would intentionally 'miss blocks', potentially getting another professional injured (Moore's concussion) simply to prove a point. If anything it would band the players together even more.

Edited by Urrymonster, 22 September 2010 - 05:04 PM.

#62 Galvatron

Galvatron

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:25 PM

Wow, no one voted for Hurney?