Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jpjr

Smith is real angry now. I'm finally excited.

55 posts in this topic

He was probably telling Clausen "f*ck Davidson's play call, give me the damn ball!" I believe Smith is smart enough to know that:

1. Team didn't find any other legit receivers, he is it.

2. Defense keys on him and doesn't give a sh*t about anyone else who catches passes.

3. Extra coverage frustrates him

4. Rookie QB was probably told during practice and film study not to lock on to a target, so he may be forcing looks to other guys to avoid Delhomme Syndrome.

Add it all up, you get a pissed off Smitty. Not Jimmy he should be directing it at though.

Glad to hear steve smith also mention his displeasure with the play calling.

If you have read between the lines on Smitty, he always says what "they" call or decide. Think he is trying to say something without saying it...not the first player to go that route and leave shortly afterwords...

I better be saving up for a new jersey then.

Smith is frustrated because:

1. He's getting older.

2. Next year might be a lockout, so even older.

3. Not only are we ignoring the "win now!" mindset, we're flipping it off and telling it to go fug itself.

He probably knew what was coming when we dumped a big part of our salary.. i mean team.. this off-season, but I doubt he expected us to be THIS bad, or for a QB controversy so soon, or for the team to just flat out suck on so many levels. We've got no chance at all to make any post-season noise, and Smith is just going to get louder the further into the season we go.

Won't surprise me if he wants out before too long.

Smitty is mad about not going after another receiver?

Stop the fuging bullshit.

I understand there are fans who are upset over not trading for a receiver.

Get the fug over it already. Another vet receiver wouldn't have helped.

The panthers did get some receivers. Where is the understanding there? There is none.

Smitty straight out said why he is upset. And no where did he mention a vet receiver being one of the reasons.

Don't agree with the team all you want, but stop talking out of your asses.

One day someone will step in front of Clausen and Smith will be all but done. Guys like Beason and Gross are the future...if they feel Clausen is their man, Smith won't be barking much longer.

It was simple. Smitty was pissed at Clausen because he was open several times and Clausen didn't even try and get him the ball. I don't know why people keep making al kind of excuses or saying it was something else. Smitty wants the ball and if Clausen were smart, he would find a way to get it to him.

It was simple. Smitty was pissed at Clausen because he was open several times and Clausen didn't even try and get him the ball. I don't know why people keep making al kind of excuses or saying it was something else. Smitty wants the ball and if Clausen were smart, he would find a way to get it to him.

It's because he wasn't that open and you're exaggerating your point to slam a rookie QB that you don't like. Maybe you could go out on a limb and make a Carr comparison later?

I mean, yeah, seriously, why wasn't the rookie comfortable throwing to a receiver who can't walk to his car without double coverage they practice together so much and their chemistry is top notch, wtf.

Jesus, it will come.

1 person likes this

It's because he wasn't that open and you're exaggerating your point to slam a rookie QB that you don't like. Maybe you could go out on a limb and make a Carr comparison later?

I mean, yeah, seriously, why wasn't the rookie comfortable throwing to a receiver who can't walk to his car without double coverage they practice together so much and their chemistry is top notch, wtf.

Jesus, it will come.

Agreed, it was his FIRST start in the NFL......

I like the fact that he didn't force it into double or triple coverage.

This year is the experience and game action he needs if he is going to learn and improve. It's not like he has a veteran to learn from and take advice from.(or a QB coach worth a poo)

Jesus, it will come.

I was at the game and yeah there were several times Smitty was open and Clausen didn't even look his way after the interception. Smitty is the kind of guy who makes catches even when covered.

And read what I have posted, I have no hate for Clausen I am just being realistic. Clausen has no confidence in his deep ball and doesn't throw it unless it is at the end of the game and he has nothing to lose. Truth is that this is just one of the many things he needs to learn. Not throwing to your best receiver is a sure recipe for sitting on the bench in a few weeks. Just ask David Carr.

Will it come?? We will know in a few weeks if he hasn't been replaced already.

I was at the game and yeah there were several times Smitty was open and Clausen didn't even look his way after the interception. Smitty is the kind of guy who makes catches even when covered.

And read what I have posted, I have no hate for Clausen I am just being realistic. Clausen has no confidence in his deep ball and doesn't throw it unless it is at the end of the game and he has nothing to lose. Truth is that this is just one of the many things he needs to learn. Not throwing to your best receiver is a sure recipe for sitting on the bench in a few weeks. Just ask David Carr.

Will it come?? We will know in a few weeks if he hasn't been replaced already.

This sounds like sour grapes. Forgetting about the fact that Clausen threw a pick trying to force the ball to Smith when he was double covered, you can't blame Clausen that Smith took most of the week off of practice and failed to obain the "crisp" reps that Clausen proclaimed at the beginning of the week they both needed above anything else.

If Smith wants more passes my humble suggestion is that he demands extra time with his quarterback this week in practice and with the OC gameplanning. Expressing frustration on the sideline is blaming a symptom and not the cause.

It looked like when they showed Smith yelling at him on the sideline that they were ready to hold Smith off Clausen. He was really ticked. Kept yelling at him while Clausen was sitting down.

Smith probably tempered his rants after the game, but he was really mad. Said in a later interview that the coaches would see how many times he was open.

1 person likes this