Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seltzer

Best Article Written About Failure of John Fox and Coaching Staff

This whole we got coordinators from bad teams, isnt obviously a bad move simply based on where they came.

Davidson is the only obvious one that has underperformed.

Sherecher and Tolbert havent shown any noticable problems.

AceMan    642

WOW!

I can NEVER remember a national publication writing an expose about the failures of the coaching staff on this team. This is big.

Tutto    0

Fox has had his seasons... (2003 and 2008) but if you look at his body of work as the HC, its very inconsistent. He is the longest tenured coach without back to back winning seasons...

I understand with Salary cap, the NFL is one of the hardest leagues to create a dynasty, but at some point, you have to put together something.. and Fox has yet to be able to do that.

GRWatcher    2,673

mmm yes i love unsourced quotes give me more more unsourced quotes

post the unsourciested quotes you got

I sympathize with an upset fan base, but disagree with the blame.

The Big Cat made an executive decision to exploit the absence of a salary cap for the purpose of eliminating all undesirable contracts. We did that more effectively than any other team in the NFL. Consider it a huge financial advantage, at least on paper.

Obviously, that means we lost several drafts of veteran talent, and are now losing games because of it.

But at some point, the bleeding is going to stop. We will make adjustments, those will take someone by surprise, and eventually we will win some games this year, but don't expect many. PSL owners are the ones who should be pissed, because 2010 will have been little more than an extended preseason. Anyone with two sticks to rub together could figure out that we weren't going to compete seriously, unless we just got lucky.

There is always someone to point the finger at, but I wouldn't bother. All bets are off in this weird year. We are the team least friendly to the player's union. What impact did you THINK that would have????

Agree with both these posts.

As for this ass's comments about Moore's concussion, Fox couldn't play him unless he was cleared by the medical staff. It was Fox's decision but Moore was cleared to play. So I don't see a problem there.

JakeFlake    11

"I think a lot of John Fox. I don't get it — maybe they have just had too much change on that coaching staff. I don't get it. I have seen high school teams that are coached much better."

Ouch.

panthers55    5,379

:rolleyes:

P55> Unnamed:eek: NFL Exec whose team has played the Panthers this year

:rolleyes:

Since he covers the Packers and Chicago you can figure who might have said it. Still unnamed means no credibility

panthers55    5,379

why would he name his sources??

I thought it was a good read.I bet you would too if he said Matt Moore is the answer:D

Did he say that either Moore or Clausen was the answer. I missed that?? I thought this was blasting the coaches. Are you trying to turn it into Moore versus Clausen thread again. Don't we have enough already?

I just have never liked unnammed sources. If you are man enough to say it, own up to it with your name. Otherwise, shut up.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    CantStopWontStop