65 replies to this topic

#61 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,419 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:43 PM

speaking for myself, even given the shitty state of the team going to the stadium, knocking back a few beers in tailgating, eating some friggin good bbq and soaking it in with your friends is still a pretty good experience such that it makes you almost forget the panthers don't know what they're doing on the field, not that i have the means to go because i live like 550 miles north but if i did that's how i'd treat it.

i'm not going to talk about it's because "i'm a PANTHER FAN, ON THE REAL YO", it's kinda like jerking off

#62 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:43 PM

I think its a punk ass move to ask others not to go to the game.

#63 ggasu

ggasu

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:02 PM

Why did so many people go to the game?

Because of all of the people that own the Panthers Stadium Timeshares.

They used to be called an investment when ticket prices were reasonable, and demand for tickets was high. Now 14 years later ticket prices have tripled, making most of the PSLs nothing more than a timeshare with a huge maintenance fee each year.

You know the tv commercials are just around the corner....
"Turn those Panther PSLs into cash"

#64 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:28 PM

Funny thread. Most of them in the past have been about how sucky we fans are for not supporting the team. Now we get reamed for supporting them instead of not showing up. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
I guess it is that kind of year.:D

#65 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,082 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:11 PM

Because of all of the people that own the Panthers Stadium Timeshares.

They used to be called an investment when ticket prices were reasonable, and demand for tickets was high. Now 14 years later ticket prices have tripled, making most of the PSLs nothing more than a timeshare with a huge maintenance fee each year.

You know the tv commercials are just around the corner....
"Turn those Panther PSLs into cash"

PSLs were never advertised, billed or expected to be an "investment."

#66 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:03 PM

PSLs were never advertised, billed or expected to be an "investment."

It drives me crazy when people talk about PSL's as an "investment". Even on the local sports stations they call them that. Maybe that is part of the reason why 1/2 our fan base sucks so much because they werent really football fans to begin but just bought their PSL with the hopes to make money on them. To me buying the PSL was an entertainment expense, just adding to the cost of owning my season tickets. Since I will own these tickets for the rest of my life, when you ammoritize the cost over many years the extra dollars it cost per game is insignificant. Of course it does suck you have to come up with that money upfront, but that is the reality here. I bought them with never intending to sell them but to pass them down to my kids.

If somebody bought the PSL as an "investment" they bought them for the wrong reasons anyway or what did they think would happen to the value in years the team sucked?? :confused:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com