Photo
- - - - -

Onward Christian Soldiers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

#16 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,396 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:59 AM

There you go, confusing what a sport is to faith, the only reason you do this is to point a finger at a Christian and say "ooh you messed up"

I'm sorry I didn't know becoming a Christian made you perfect, flawless, and no longer human, stupid me.

The Christian soccer signup posters that pop up every spring near my house would beg to differ with you. They seem to stress everything other than winning - you know, teamwork, sportsmanship....fun (yes for all the kids involved).

As a former soccer coach, I would never - ever - let my team act like this for any reason. And I am not perfect or flawless myself, it's just common decency.

#17 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,446 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:05 AM

The problem here as I see it is not that they beat them by 100 but the fact that they kept pressing and playing to run up the score, which is not cool in any league anywhere. I play rec league ball with grown men, and if we were being beat that bad I would get pissed that they kept running up the score intentionally and vice-versa if we were beating a team that bad, we'd back off and just hold the ball.

They didn't just beat them they rubbed it in their face.

#18 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,396 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:09 AM

Tell those bitches to go get some jump shoes, HGH and a mean-spirited lesbian coach to show them how to ball.

50/50 one of those requirements are already met, being girls basketball and all...

#19 Towelboy

Towelboy

day late & a dollar short

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:10 AM

the coach should have said, run out the shot clock, don't press, and don't be an ass. they were going to win regardless, why run up the score?

it is different when the teams are on the same level. score as many as you can. but when the teams are that mismatched, why run up the score?

#20 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,975 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:11 AM

Christians are to have no opinions, ideas, determination or anything else.

What an incredible thread title.

#21 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,396 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:11 AM

Wwjd?

#22 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,390 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:24 AM

Wwjd?

Jesus wore sandals, so he would probably lose by 100 as well;)

I understand what everyone is saying, but kids need to lose. Now we have people that don't want to keep score, and not have records.

Sports is about team work, and sportsmanship, but also about the desire to be better than the other guys. You know, work harder than the other person competing against you, and you will win/get ahead.

Like real life.

#23 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,396 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:31 AM

Jordan could win by 100 in sandals. Does that make him Uber-Jesus?

And High School is certainly an appropriate place to keep scores, and award teams for winning seasons. But not for crap like this.

#24 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,390 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:34 AM

Any age needs to keep score, why wait until the child has developed a "I can be just OK and still not lose" mentality.

Do I agree with 100-0, no. But I don't agree with people getting up in arms, and also taking a very good win from a team, or individual.

#25 N1kkadeemuz

N1kkadeemuz

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:34 AM

So answer my question "hoseupmyass" if this was a secular school would your obvious Christian bias be as strongly directed in defense of these girls?

#26 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,396 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:39 AM

Sorry, but I think that 100-0 against an obviously outmatched opponent deserves a little up in arms-edness. The fact that it was a "Christian" school doing the dirty work just makes it more fun to discuss.

#27 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,396 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:40 AM

So answer my question "hoseupmyass" if this was a secular school would your obvious Christian bias be as strongly directed in defense of these girls?

There sure have been a lot of people interested in whats jammed up my ass lately.

#28 N1kkadeemuz

N1kkadeemuz

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:41 AM

There sure have been a lot of people interested in whats jammed up my ass lately.

You do look pretty stupid...

#29 N1kkadeemuz

N1kkadeemuz

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:43 AM

Sorry, but I think that 100-0 against an obviously outmatched opponent deserves a little up in arms-edness. The fact that it was a "Christian" school doing the dirty work just makes it more fun to discuss.

Fun as in making fun of a Christian messing up, stay classy.

#30 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,396 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:43 AM

That's what everyone at the BBQ said too, but the food came out really tasty.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com