Photo
- - - - -

CBA 2011 Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
162 replies to this topic

#151 500sviewabove

500sviewabove

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:53 PM

i thought the obama health care bill will cover them, if they cant afford to pay
then get a reduced or subsidized premium, so whether a out of work football player
or a miniumum wage worker the benefit of insurance is there. The same for all of us.
and maybe they can get 3 years unemployment pay too..

#152 justin6816

justin6816

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:27 PM

there will be a 2011 season but when is the ? but I predict it will during the sumer that there will be an agreement on the cba

#153 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

Administrators

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:04 PM

I think it happens before march.

#154 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:58 AM

i thought the obama health care bill will cover them, if they cant afford to pay
then get a reduced or subsidized premium, so whether a out of work football player
or a miniumum wage worker the benefit of insurance is there. The same for all of us.
and maybe they can get 3 years unemployment pay too..

Derailing a sticky thread must be a troll's dream.

#155 Evil Hurney

Evil Hurney

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:32 PM

Thought I might help with some of the confusion regarding the "pending" rookie wage scale. This of course assumes that the law isn't retroactive.

Posted Image

EDIT: So this means that if you want a rookie wage scale for the players you draft in 2011 you either a) get the CBA done BEFORE the draft or B) don't offer any contracts until the CBA is done.

#156 Darth Urious

Darth Urious

Banned

Banned

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:37 PM

Thought I might help with some of the confusion regarding the "pending" rookie wage scale. This of course assumes that the law isn't retroactive.

Posted Image

EDIT: So this means that if you want a rookie wage scale for the players you draft in 2011 you either a) get the CBA done BEFORE the draft or B) don't offer any contracts until the CBA is done.

Rookie contracts aren't typically signed until mid July, and I expect a new CBA will be in place by then...

Therefore, yes, there will be a rookie wage scale...

#157 Evil Hurney

Evil Hurney

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:39 PM

Rookie contracts aren't typically signed until mid July, and I expect a new CBA will be in place by then...

Therefore, yes, there will be a rookie wage scale...

As do I, however if it is option B then it does little to increase the value of the #1 pick. Max value would come if Richardson can get the CBA done before the draft.

#158 Evil Hurney

Evil Hurney

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:00 PM

Also, there has been some questions about the 2012 NFL draft and what it would be. As it stands now there would be no 2012 NFL draft as per the current "expiring" CBA.

ARTICLE XVI
COLLEGE DRAFT

Section 1. Time of Draft: There shall be an Annual Selection Meeting (the “College Draft” or “Draft”) each League Year during the term of this Agreement and in the League Year immediately following the expiration or termination of this Agreement, with respect to which the following rules shall apply.

source: http://images.nflpla...2006 - 2012.pdf

Basically, this is the clause that is requiring us to have a 2011 NFL draft even though there is no agreement. There is nothing in there about continuing the draft afterwards.

So, what this means (to me) is that the 2012 NFL draft will only happen if a new CBA is signed.

#159 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:43 PM

Posted Image

I do not think that will be correct.

My understanding after listening to Mr. Luck (I believe he mad some valid points, though this is just his opinion and from his law experience) is that even if the agreement happens after the draft there will still be a rookie cap. He disagrees with the rumors and I believe I do also. After the draft there is no CBA, meaning there is no basis or agreement to sign the draft picks. If both sides players/owners want a cap for the 2011 season forward they can put that in the CBA and agree to it. There would not be any reason for either side to not want to do this. So the new CBA agreement is signed and rookies are paid based on that agreement which has a rookie salary cap. I agree with Luck that either way there will be a rookie salary cap for 2011.

#160 Woodie

Woodie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:01 PM

From what I understand, the lockout will begin the day the current league year is completed (March - not sure about the exact date). And once the lockout begins, there will be no negotiation with players (or their reps) or contracts completed until they agree on a new CBA.

So, basically, drafted players will not be allowed to sign a contract until after the completion of a CBA, and will have to abide by those terms...which will include a rookie pay scale.

#161 Evil Hurney

Evil Hurney

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:03 PM

This is essentially b, but with some extra legal spin (I don't disagree with you however).

The main point it that unless we have a rookie pay scale in place before the draft it does little to help the value of our pick in terms of trade value.

#162 Woodie

Woodie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:15 PM

This is essentially b, but with some extra legal spin (I don't disagree with you however).

The main point it that unless we have a rookie pay scale in place before the draft it does little to help the value of our pick in terms of trade value.

I don't think the value will be effected at all. Pretty much everyone involved already has a pretty good idea of how things will shake out regarding the rookie pay scale.

#163 justin6816

justin6816

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:48 PM

now since we have a coach now jr needs to get at the negoation table and get us a CBA signed so we can see how good Ron Riveria is and how our players can quickly adapt to his style of coaching