Photo
- - - - -

What would Luck's jersey number be?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
95 replies to this topic

#91 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:31 PM

Dude couldnt get a single QB award? Peyton Manning won awards and got his team to the big game. Why couldnt Luck?

Manning never won a national championship, largely because he could never beat Florida.

(but then, facts have never exactly been your strong suit) :lol:

While we're at it, how many QB awards did Tom Brady win in college?

I doubt anyone here is more afraid of Andrew Luck than you. If he comes here and is as good as advertised, you won't have anything to talk about anymore.

#92 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:57 AM

I'm hoping 12, that way I can take my authentic Kerry Collins jersey down to the Panthers team store and have them sow a different name on the back for $40, LOL

I would have mixed feelings about him taking 12 after what we went through with Collins.

#93 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:32 AM

Steve Smith is by far the most marketed player on the team and most popular. His jersey has sold more than any Panther in history. Steve Smith is more important to our team than both Matt Moore & Jimmy Clausen and is more recognizable. How do you feel about Jerry Richardson basing his business off a fiery guy like Steve Smith who's beat up his teammates before? Keep in mind, JR has fired his own sons, quit his pro career over a contract dispute (money), and tanked an entire season over the CBA (money). He's not above doing low character things himself.

I'm confident that Newton is black and Luck is white and that's the only reason you feel the need to derail every single Luck thread. You've become a fuging joke here. Newton isn't the pro prospect that Luck is....period. This isn't about college accolades or even Newtons criminal history. He just doesn't project nearly as well to the pros, you don't take a chance on someone who may or may not get it with the #1 pick. I'm sorry if you take this to mean I hate black people and wear a white hood because I like everyone else here who isn't a blind racist likes Luck more.....

#94 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

HUDDLER

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:56 AM

Id rather have the QB thats a proven winner, rather than one who's hyped solely on potential and looks.

I guess you wouldn't have wanted Josh Freeman then, since he had no quarterback awards, a losing record in college (13-18) and got blown out by Rutgers in his only bowl appearance.

Edited by X-Clown, 28 December 2010 - 12:04 PM.

#95 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

HUDDLER

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:04 PM

I just don't understand how Newton is a proven winner.

#96 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

HUDDLER

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:02 PM

with the first pick in the draft.....I'd say we have to take Luck.

if we were picking between 6-10 I'd be happy that we had a shot at Newton.

that's saying that they both come out.

on the number issue..........doesn't matter, it's his choice.