#1 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:52 PM

From an AP report:

WASHINGTON (AP) - The $800 billion-plus economic stimulus measure making its way through Congress could steer government checks to illegal immigrants, a top Republican congressional official asserted Thursday.

The legislation, which would send tax credits of $500 per worker and $1,000 per couple, expressly disqualifies nonresident aliens, but it would allow people who don't have Social Security numbers to be eligible for the checks.

Undocumented immigrants who are not eligible for a Social Security number can file tax returns with an alternative number. A House-passed version of the economic recovery bill and one making its way through the Senate would allow anyone with such a number, called an individual taxpayer identification number, to qualify for the tax credits.

A revolt among GOP conservatives to similar provisions of a 2008 economic stimulus bill, which sent rebate checks to most wage earners, forced Democratic congressional leaders to add stricter eligibility requirements. That legislation, enacted in February 2008, required that people have valid Social Security numbers in order to get checks.

#2 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:00 PM

Damn I hate Democrats. Jesus H.

#3 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,196 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:07 PM

yep, heard about this today. all the dems are trying to do is gain popularity amongst illegals (at the expense of this country) to ensure more election victories.

...unless, their "caring ways" have taken them completely off the deep end. the liberal ideology on economics is disgusting.

#4 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,684 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:38 PM

you idiots, you left out the fact that these people do in fact have to pay taxes to even be considered for this thing, illegal or not. Thought you all wanted these people to actually pay taxes?

#5 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,014 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:44 PM

you idiots, you left out the fact that these people do in fact have to pay taxes to even be considered for this thing, illegal or not. Thought you all wanted these people to actually pay taxes?

You calling us the idiots is rich ....

#6 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,408 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:45 PM

Crap you beat me too it. Yes, to get this, they have to be PAYING taxes. Which means they are actually PUTTING into the system instead of just leeching for once. Look, repubs and democrats help illegals. It's the fact. Rich people love them cause they are cheaper. To say single a party out on helping illegals is retarded, you need to single out the government as a whole. That's not as fun though.

#7 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:46 PM

As someone who has recently worked with a lot of immigrants, both legal and otherwise, if they're paying taxes and helping fuel this economy, I have no problem with them benefiting

#8 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:58 PM

Didn't realize they were paying taxes. My full apologies. Democrats still piss me off, though. How is this stimulating the economy? Every dollar is going back to their families in Mexico.

#9 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,196 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:59 PM

jesus. the bottom line is this: you have inviduals who are not legally supposed to be in this country, nor are they entitled to it...yet they are handed the opportunity to reap its benefits at the expense of legal citizens and their rights.

#10 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,155 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:00 PM

how do you pay taxes without a SSN? I'm curious...

#11 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:03 PM

It's called a Taxpayer ID #

#12 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,014 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:03 PM

You get an "alternate" number ... like the article says. It's still an illegal benefiting .... the world is crazy.

#13 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,408 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:04 PM

jesus. the bottom line is this: you have inviduals who are not legally supposed to be in this country, nor are they entitled to it...yet they are handed the opportunity to reap its benefits at the expense of legal citizens and their rights.

It does suck. But no one really cares, this includes democrats and republicans. Hey their jobs ain't at stake!

#14 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,196 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:05 PM

Didn't realize they were paying taxes. My full apologies. Democrats still piss me off, though. How is this stimulating the economy? Every dollar is going back to their families in Mexico.

dont apologize. who cares if they're paying taxes. theyre ILLEGAL...not supposed to be here. they shouldnt be in the position to where they have the opportunity to pay taxes in the first place. whats the purpose of having laws if they mean nothing?

#15 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:06 PM

Look. This is just bitching for the sake of bitching. You want a stimulus for the people? OK. Here's a stimulus. But to turn around and bitch about the stimulus by saying, "Wait, wait, wait... some illegals that pay taxes are going to get this stimulus too!!!"

Everyone acknowledges that illegal immigration is a problem for the US. But, I'm sorry, but I feel our current economic situation is a much larger and more pressing problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.