• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 PanthersFanInGA

PanthersFanInGA

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:42 AM

What a hell of a game. Congrats Pittsburgh.

#17 PeteRozelle

PeteRozelle

Random Drive by Pictures

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,018 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:48 AM

Congrats to the Steelers.

For those not happy, look at it differently - The Cowboys, are no longer tied for first with the most SB wins.

pete

#18 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:45 AM

Clones never work as good as the original. If we could just try and be ourselves instead of trying to be another franchise, maybe we would be consistent winners.

I'm not sure what kind of information you have on cloning, or if your an evil scientist or whatever but I would like to be what wins the ring.

If we copy cat someone and win the ring, good.
If we 'be ourselves' and win the ring, good.

We have never been a consistent team, so really I don't think we have even seen what the real panthers team is like.

#19 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,466 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:53 AM

Congrats to the Steelers and their latest Championship!

#20 SKULL

SKULL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:59 AM

Steelers Congrats !!

Prototype of what a defense should be !

#21 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,819 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:49 AM

Congrats to the Steelers...the best team FINALLY won against the Cardinals.

Was thinking the same thing....as long as the Cowboys don't win the Super Bowl (ever again) I'm happy for the victors :cheers2:

#22 MurkN

MurkN

Simple And Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:42 PM

As much as I hate the Steelers and their fans, they deserve the win. They made the plays when they had to and took advantage of shady officiating.

Congrats Steelers

#23 guyinchesapeake

guyinchesapeake

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:25 PM

A good game, a good win for the Steelers. Both QBs showed they have "it".

#24 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:36 PM

We have never been a consistent team, so really I don't think we have even seen what the real panthers team is like.

Good point. We've never really had an identity, whereas the Steelers have always been known as a smashmouth football team, even as coaches and players came and left.

We were heading in that same direction once. At least we've never wavered in the direction we want to go; I just hope we can get there.

#25 Rock_Steady

Rock_Steady

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:06 PM

No doubt, Dan Rooney has built a great organization. No hate here, congrats to the Steelers.

#26 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:10 PM

Yeah, Congratulations @ssholes.

#27 guyinchesapeake

guyinchesapeake

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:21 PM

"No doubt, Dan Rooney has built a great organization. No hate here, congrats to the Steelers. "

Gosh, I'm old enough to remember when the Steelers were a team everybody wanted to play, because they were about the closest thing a team could get to a guaranteed win, before Noll arrived. They were the team that was bad the longest before having dynasty years, like the Packers, Dolphins, Cowboys, Pats, and 49ers. Those last 5 teams were at least competitive as often as they weren't. Pittsburgh stunk for decades. The Cards are that team now. But they will not be a dynasty any time soon. This Steelers team has the makings for one, time will tell.

Congrats to the Steelers. If their fans are over the top about some things, their team has made that possible. Man, I wish I had something to brag about as far as who I pull for in the NFL. Must be a nice feeling.

#28 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,250 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:51 PM

Congrats Steelers... Ya won the game.

#29 Pumpkin Eater

Pumpkin Eater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:08 AM

fug the Squeelers, fug their fans, and fug their moms. I hate the Squeelers and Cowboys equally. They both can suck my dick. They both have bandwagon twit fans. THey both cheat and get help cheating. fug the Squeelers.

#30 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:17 AM

Did the Steelers have things that went their way BIG TIME in this game? Hell to the yes. Why wasn't Holmes called for that celebration in the EZ? That should have given AZ a potential for 15 more yards on that last drive. It's nice to see that Whiz isn't whining about it though like Holmgren did. That play by Harrison was filthy as well. I don't think the Steelers are a dirty team at all and I respect how Ward plays for example, but that was DISGUSTING.
Rooney thanked Obama before he thanked the fans which definitely rubbed my mom the Steelers fan the wrong way. I think it sucked as well.
But I do love watching that defense play overall, they are what a defense should be. Big plays in big spots all year long. Their O turns it over in a bad position or any position, they allow NOTHING... NADA... ZIP about 90% of the time. I would really love to see if there was a stat for that because they HAD to lead the NFL in that also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.