Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am pumped. I really like the hire

41 posts in this topic

Posted

*edit* Double post fail...

Posted

I was very impressed as well. He took command of the room, was confident, has a clear mindset and is a natural leader. He wants to win, he wants to make a name for himself with our franchise.

Something I found interesting, it sounds like JR let him know that he will be aggressive in free agency... :D

Posted

I would say he is of a Bill Cowher mindset. Tough, defense oriented, no nonsense, passionate, loves his players but has no problem giving out the tough love either. I'm happy with the talk so far, hopefully the walk matches.

Posted

I also like how he was careful to not disrespect any of the players on our team, while acknowledging upgrades will be neccessary.

Posted

apparently Rivera got over the interview bugaboo in a big way

Posted

If he pumps up the team halfway as much as he just pumped me up, we gone be awwwwright.

Posted

I love it...Rivera seems like the perfect man for the job. He is gonna bring the right mindset that we need and I think he will keep Hurney controlled during the draft. He understands the need for a good QB and how to attack another team on offense and be innovstive instead of playing not to lose and being predictable.

I'm so happy and I feel like this franchise is headed in the right direction...my only wish is that it could have happened a year earlier.

Posted

he wore a suit instead of typical coach attire. he gave actual answers. i'm happy so far with this guy. continue the good moves JR, and i'll change my av and sig.

Posted

Loved the presser, favorite quotes were (paraphrasing) "we're going to run an attacking-style defense" and "I'm going to treat players like men, but when I have to yell or get in their face to get my point accross, I will".

Fox was a tough, physical coach - but I always thought this team was lacking that competitive "fire" even in the glory days. I think Jake supplied some of that, and Beason does as well, but it has to come from the top down at a certain point. I understand that Fox didn't believe in critisizing players in public, but there are times when that's the only way you can get your point accross to some of these guys.

I'm also glad to hear we're going to play aggressive defense, in a division with the Saints and the Falcons I don't think we can win by sitting back and playing a cover-2 shell... we have to get after Brees and Ryan.

Even more excited about the hire now that I've listened to the man speak.

2 people like this

Posted

I also like how he was careful to not disrespect any of the players on our team, while acknowledging upgrades will be neccessary.

exactly what i thought as well. great great great presser

Posted

Said all the right things and hit all the hot topics. He is exactly who I thought he would be.

Hit on the 4-3 debate, the balanced attack, as well as didn't piss anyone off like Clausen. I am looking forward to what we see when the bullets start to fly.

Posted

Seems TE will be a priority. Hope we can get some offense this year and we might a ok.