Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CatMan72

Clausen getting back to work

194 posts in this topic

you guys got a 4* Qb coming in this year, i would consider that pretty good

Yeah I was very excited when we got Williams. Not sure if he'll redshirt with Renner in line to start. Like I said our football program is getting better. I can't remember but I think Yates was a 2* recruit from the Bunting era. He probably had as good a career at UNC as he could've had.

you guys got a 4* Qb coming in this year, i would consider that pretty good

Bryn Renner was also a 4 star QB in his class, should have a nice Competition between him and Williams. Really excited to see what Gio can do (hopefully he stays healthy this season)

Bryn Renner was also a 4 star QB in his class, should have a nice Competition between him and Williams. Really excited to see what Gio can do (hopefully he stays healthy this season)

I forgot about Gio. With Houston coming back and we might possibly land Savon Huggins we'll be stacked at RB for years to come.

Clausen is going to do whatever it takes to become a decent NFL QB. He's more than got the passion and work ethic.

The big question is, can he become the leader he needs to be to be good or great?

I don't question his work ethic at all, but sadly, not everyone who works hard becomes great :(

Hey it's not like UNC is a football powerhouse. I know what we are and that's a basketball school. Our football program is getting better under Butch Davis but no elite high school QB's are going to come to UNC. They all go to the big football schools like USC, Florida, Ohio State, Alabama and Texas. If TJ had played his whole career like he did his senior year you wouldn't think it's all that sad. Dude was amazing last year.

Nothin like a basketball school that blows at basketball :)

Jk, it's been a rough couple years for the heels. They'll bounce back though.

I don't question his work ethic at all, but sadly, not everyone who works hard becomes great :(

No truer statement, however due to this he will be at worst a very good back up quarterback. So many players in the league just don't have that drive and are complete wastes. His effort and passion will at least give us a role player.

UNC...you mean the school where the Bball coach hates the fans and the football coach hates the colors? Lets stay on the subject please.

And that's the whole point behind my comment on his leadership ability. NFL Rosters are littered with guys who have physical tools, but it takes a special kind of personality to make a difference late when the game is on the line.

Well Im glade he is showing a good work ethic. Hopefully he can learn and be better this year.