98 replies to this topic

#91 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,845 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:05 PM

Are you talking about compared to what they could make if they didn't take a paycut?

nah assuming you invest the money you would have lost in a paycut, since everyone in favor of paycuts is also Warren Buffett.

#92 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,845 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:07 PM

i mean seriously there's not a single person here that "invests" that hasn't lost their shirt over the last four years but still they believe "whelp if it was me I'd just you know i'd just spot that next can't miss IPO and live in my italian villa for the rest of my life"

in reality they're upside down on their duplex lol

#93 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,845 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

bu bu bu bu bu it was a financial crisis

lol if you couldn't spot the biggest bubble since people were giving millions to pets.com

#94 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:11 PM

I did okay the last couple years. I don't have a lot invested but I didn't lose money. It helps that I used to work for a Top 50 Investment Analyst in the country but I'll let you continue this conversation with yourself :)

#95 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,845 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:12 PM

tell me who so i can see how many millions they lost.

#96 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,845 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:13 PM

"work with"

#97 DR_DIGH

DR_DIGH

Insta-poop!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:47 AM

Well this thread took a wrong turn down a dead end road.:leaving:

#98 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:26 PM

When firefighters, policemen, and other type of service workers can generate the kind of money professional athletes can, then they have a stage to debate.

Whether or not they "deserve" it is purely subjective and doesn't give the person taking that side much of a leg to stand on.

#99 Darth Bobo

Darth Bobo

The Dude

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationRTP

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:22 PM

The NFLPA throws health benefits out there as an issue for veteran players, as if the owners haven't been investigating the problem and looking for a long term solution. That simply is not the case, the league is taking player injury very seriously, from making the concussion tests more stringent, to lengthening the time that concussioned players must sit before retaking the field, to reevaluating post-career benefits. The league understands that it is good PR , and worthy of additional expense to that end, to make sure that ex-playeres do not suffer untimely demise.

I feel it is reasonable to assume that the NFL will "yield" to the NFLPA on all of these ex-player health related issues. Not that they were ever disagreeable about it.

But on all the other issues that the NFL has confronted the NFLPA with(18 games, rookie cap, smaller cap) my hope is that owners are 100% victorious, and that the players do not win. Unlike others here, I don't care if the lockout goes well into the 2011 season as long as the resulting CBA is worth all of the trouble. Why? Because I care more about the longevity of the sport, than I do about any one season of it.

And I think that the league has been greatly improved by the various methods of creating parity, from the draft to free agency rules, to the salary cap. The owner's requests seem to do even more parity-creating.

Just my two cents, and I feel that all of the owner's requests would make the sport better for us fans, not worse. If instead, the players union somehow wins in these negotiations, then certain franchises are going to suffer more....In that case, I'd put the Panthers at the top of that suffer-more list. So, as a Panthers fan I am that much more pro-owner this time around. For the record, I felt the opposite in 2006.

Edited by Darth Bobo, 28 January 2011 - 03:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.