Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Pro-family"

30 posts in this topic

Posted

It's not the states or the country's business who gets married to who. It needs to be left up to the church. If the church is ok with it, which some are, then so be it. Why do people care so god damn much if a man wants to marry another man? It's none of your business.

On topic, it's pathetic what the hospital did.

Posted

It's not the states or the country's business who gets married to who. It needs to be left up to the church. If the church is ok with it, which some are, then so be it. Why do people care so god damn much if a man wants to marry another man? It's none of your business.

On topic, it's pathetic what the hospital did.

reason!

Posted

So people that believe it should be illegal for a gay couple to adopt a child and believe the lifestyle in and of itself is immoral should be tormented by people who can't follow the rules so they sue to get their way?

just because you "believe" something should be legal or illegal doesn't mean you can make your own law about it.

in miami gay adoption is legal. the kids were legally her children.

the people not following the rules were the hospital. they illegally denied access to the woman's medical power of attorney holder and legal children. any "torment" they face they brought on themselves through their illegal action.

Posted

This is part of why I think gay people should be allowed to marry. My mom will say things to me like OH THEY JUST WANT TO PASS THEIR ESTATES DOWN W/O PROBATE and to that, I say so the eff what if that is why some of them get married. Did Anna Nicole Smith marry for love? YEAH RIGHT. Are hetero couples that much "better" at marriage or always marry for so much "better" reasons that we can be sanctimonious about it? Nope.

Posted

This is part of why I think gay people should be allowed to marry. My mom will say things to me like OH THEY JUST WANT TO PASS THEIR ESTATES DOWN W/O PROBATE and to that, I say so the eff what if that is why some of them get married. Did Anna Nicole Smith marry for love? YEAH RIGHT. Are hetero couples that much "better" at marriage or always marry for so much "better" reasons that we can be sanctimonious about it? Nope.

Civil Unions! YES! Marriage! NO! Again, Pandora's Box....When people want to start screaming for multiple spouses, or even to marry an animal...As sick as that is...You can't deny one group while granting preference to another.

Posted

You can't deny one group while granting preference to another.

you mean like denying gays and granting preference to straights?

Posted

Civil Unions! YES! Marriage! NO! Again, Pandora's Box....When people want to start screaming for multiple spouses, or even to marry an animal...As sick as that is...You can't deny one group while granting preference to another.

you don't believe that the majority of americans can separate homosexuality and beastiality? If that's true we certainly do need the government to take care of us.

Posted

and plus, then you'd have to give civil unions to donkeys. Are you pro-donkey-civil union?

Posted

you mean like denying gays and granting preference to straights?

OK, Rodeo, will you support a free for all with regard to marriage? I assume that MUST be your position.

Any gay man or woman has the right to marry someone of the opposite sex. So they have the RIGHT to marry, and are denied nothing.

Posted

and plus, then you'd have to give civil unions to donkeys. Are you pro-donkey-civil union?

Easy answer for me...NOPE! But, if some guy or girl really loves that donkey, then who are we do DENY them that right...Right, Rodeo?

Posted

OK, Rodeo, will you support a free for all with regard to marriage? I assume that MUST be your position.

Any gay man or woman has the right to marry someone of the opposite sex. So they have the RIGHT to marry, and are denied nothing.

how can you support civil unions for donkeys and child molesters yet deny homosexuals the right to marry?

Posted

http://www.miamiherald.com/277/story/892447.html

As her partner of 17 years slipped into a coma, Janice Langbehn pleaded with staff to let her into the woman's hospital room. Despite legal proof of guardianship and "power of attorney," Langbehn and the couple's three adopted children were not recognized as family and denied access until eight hours later -- just as the last rites were performed.

I'm sure it sucked for them but "Power of Attorney" could be anyone. Not sure what this hospital's policy is but my mom just had surgery and no one under 14 was admitted into the ICU period. Can't tell where she was by that article.

Gay marriage is not recognized in Florida so I don't know what they expected.