Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Pro-family"

30 posts in this topic

Posted

As Htar is showning, there are still people so backwards as to not understand the difference between marrying an adult and marrying an animal or child.

Posted

As Htar is showning, there are still people so backwards as to not understand the difference between marrying an adult and marrying an animal or child.

When did I mention anything about marrying a child? So if homosexuals get right to marry...Will all those mormons in Utah get the right to have multiple spouses? I assume you would support that as well?

Again, if gay people want civil unions for letigious purposes...Have at it. But remember, if you legislate for one group, you will have others pissed about the special recognition.

Posted

If they leagalize pot they might as well leagalize murder!!!

No special recognition!!!

Posted

we can't have consenting adult marriage because of what pedo criminals might do just like we can't have have guns because of what gun criminals might do.

i mean it makes total sense to deny civil rights because of what some unrelated group might think or do.

Posted

When did I mention anything about marrying a child? So if homosexuals get right to marry...Will all those mormons in Utah get the right to have multiple spouses? I assume you would support that as well?

Again, if gay people want civil unions for letigious purposes...Have at it. But remember, if you legislate for one group, you will have others pissed about the special recognition.

See, if you start with donkeys and then backtrack to Mormons, you might seem reasonable.

The fact is that Polygamy as practiced by the Mormons only allows men to have multiple wives (not one wife and multiple husbands), so would be torn apart by the first feminist to challenge it in court. From a standpoint of breeding, there would be a lot less variety in a communities gene pool from one father/multiple wives which would lead to a host of medical issues. The advantage of this type of relationship are that if a man is rich enough he can support multiple families, but the potential for neglect, jealousy and other emotional issues for the wives and the fact that women could easily become harem trophies, clearly make the practice detrimental for socity as a whole.

Gay marriage on the other hand, provides stable enviroments for adopted children and a committment to the other person in the relationship as well as making sure kids grow up with great fashion sense.

Posted

I see nothing wrong with a man marrying a donkey but to decide who gets custody of the little donkey well thats were it gets confusing. And I think if the legalize same sex marriages and the gay community finds out about prenups, and child support, visitation, affairs,ect, they will wish they had just kept it simple and enjoyed living together in perfect harmony.