Photo
- - - - -

Christians are idiots, stupid, and fat!!

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#61 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,934 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:07 AM

There has to be more than evolution then you die. If not then why didn't we just stay monkeys? And yes I believe Evolution = God.

#62 tattoorhino

tattoorhino

Follower of Christ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:16 AM

I love you Rodeo.

#63 VaginalWartPuss

VaginalWartPuss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:14 AM

Funny that the atheist and agnostics pretend to really want to know what the poor little Christians would do. It’s just a cover up to try and make a point IMO, but any who.

A prayer could be as simple as saying in your head “Dear God, help me” believing that there really is a God who hears that prayer and believing that God in control no matter what. I don’t think I would need to let go of the controls, get on my knees and close my eyes to be considered a prayer. That like me saying I’m going to walk out in front of a Mac truck and pray that God doesn’t let me get hurt. IMO a Christian’s view is that God created the pilot, God created the mind with the ability to think and learn so that the body, mind, and skills used to make quick decisions ultimately came from God even if that person doesn’t believe in God.

#64 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,930 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:28 AM

So why bother praying if the view is that God already did everything?

#65 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,493 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:32 AM

I think it's insulting to think all of my thoughts and ideas are because God put them there.

#66 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:32 AM

Funny that the atheist and agnostics pretend to really want to know what the poor little Christians would do. It’s just a cover up to try and make a point IMO, but any who.

A prayer could be as simple as saying in your head “Dear God, help me” believing that there really is a God who hears that prayer and believing that God in control no matter what. I don’t think I would need to let go of the controls, get on my knees and close my eyes to be considered a prayer. That like me saying I’m going to walk out in front of a Mac truck and pray that God doesn’t let me get hurt. IMO a Christian’s view is that God created the pilot, God created the mind with the ability to think and learn so that the body, mind, and skills used to make quick decisions ultimately came from God even if that person doesn’t believe in God.

I think you posted this in the wrong thread, brutha :D

#67 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,493 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:33 AM

:cool:

dude...i thought we were homeys..

I think anyone who puts their faith in men with Orange uniforms is stupid. ;)

Which is why I'm glad the Bobcats are sticking to their dark blue jerseys more and more...

#68 VaginalWartPuss

VaginalWartPuss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:39 AM

I think you posted this in the wrong thread, brutha :D

pretty sure the pilot praying question got raised again on the first page of this thread, but i can post it in the other as well. lol

#69 VaginalWartPuss

VaginalWartPuss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:43 AM

So why bother praying if the view is that God already did everything?

I didn’t say God did everything and I didn’t say God put all the thoughts into ones head. I said from a Christian’s view point God is ultimately in control of all things. Why does God allow tragic things to happen? I can’t say. I’m not God and can’t see his will all the time. Obviously if God created everyone he could have made us like robots to worship him as such. He didn’t. He gave us free thinking minds and the ability to make choices. Why? I don’t know.

#70 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,930 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:24 AM

You just contradicted yourself in the same sentence. If He is "ultimately in control" that means that He is omnipotent. This means, by default, that there can be no self-determination.

Then you give yourself an out by saying that you cannot see His will "all the time". So you can see His will sometimes? How can you tell if it is His will or not? If say, an Allied airstrike kills 100 Taliban that may have had the idea to come to Charlotte and bomb BofA stadium, would that be God's will? Would the Taliban agree?

If He gave us free thinking minds, then He cannot be ultimately "in control", because then our minds would not be free thinking, but guided towards a known end. That would imply that God created man simply as actors in a play.

#71 VaginalWartPuss

VaginalWartPuss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:33 AM

he does not control ones every movement or thought, but if there is a god who created us and could end all things this seconds then imo he is in ultimate control.

i say sometimes because there are times when you can read his word and feel that you are doing gods will. now could you be wrong? sure. im sure there are many time when people thought they were in gods will but they are not. i know there are many times where we do things that does not please god. ive said all along that god allows us to think and make our on way to a certain extent. he does in my opinion have the final say and power.

i dont know one christian who claims to have all the answers thus the need for faith. with all the answers there is no need for faith.

Edited by Cooter, 10 February 2009 - 10:36 AM.

#72 Panther'sBigD

Panther'sBigD

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:35 AM

Do you pray just to make it today?

/Hammer Time

You're gonna burn in Hell!

/Twisted Sister

:D

#73 Panther'sBigD

Panther'sBigD

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:43 AM

If I was the pilot (or passenger), I probably would have said a prayer before take off, but I honestly can't remember one emergency situation I've been in where I stopped to pray in the middle of things. I am glad his mind was on landing the plane and not whether or not he should rattle off a prayer as they were gliding towards the Hudson.

I would have definitely said a prayer of thanks once I and everyone else was on a boat safely, drying off.

#74 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,930 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:50 AM

he does not control ones every movement or thought, but if there is a god who created us and could end all things this seconds then imo he is in ultimate control.

i say sometimes because there are times when you can read his word and feel that you are doing gods will. now could you be wrong? sure. im sure there are many time when people thought they were in gods will but they are not. i know there are many times where we do things that does not please god. ive said all along that god allows us to think and make our on way to a certain extent. he does in my opinion have the final say and power.

i dont know one christian who claims to have all the answers thus the need for faith. with all the answers there is no need for faith.

I am absolutely cool with anyone saying that they don't have all the answers. I am perplexed as to why a omnipotent being would only intervene in human affairs in mysterious, inexplicable ways that could be misinterpreted as happenchance, unless He is actively trying to deceive us. And "certain extent" does mean, without a doubt, that true free will does not exist, so it's more of a tease or sham to give it to us. What is the point of living as a self-aware human being without free will, and why would a Creator give us an illusion like that - and more to the point, why should one worship a puppetmaster like that? If we are here solely to play out some kind of preordained plan, at least a God worthy of praise could let us all in on the secret without confusion.

#75 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,434 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:09 AM

Why does God allow tragic things to happen? I can’t say. I’m not God and can’t see his will all the time.

if god can't stop evil he isn't god.
if he creates it he is evil.

which is it? you worship an evil god or a non-existent one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.