Photo
- - - - -

How hot is Erik Spoelstra's seat?? (if it is...)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,470 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:24 PM

My brain says no, but I have a feeling, idk. Whether the fault is his or not, the coach is usually the guy to take the fall. I know this is only there first year together, but its still a legit question, imo. What say you?

Edit: i meant to make this poll public...

Edited by Dpantherman, 03 March 2011 - 11:31 PM.

#2 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,924 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:52 PM

you dont blow a lead that big without your seat being somewhat hot

#3 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,470 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:23 AM

ok, who done it?

#4 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,125 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:52 AM

My vote is for a warm seat. I think to coach these superstars, making sure everybody gets the minutes, the touches, the points, keeping their ego's stroked while not completely bending over....

I think you need to be just as much a shrink as you do a X's and O's guy. Having said that, I'm not sure who would be the best coach for this group of players (Don't say Pat Riley).

#5 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,657 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:26 AM

Who?

#6 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,470 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:40 AM

damn you people!!!

#7 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:00 PM

On fire he will take the blame because they can't close out games in the 4th quarter.

#8 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:32 PM

Watched bits and pieces of the first half and all of the second half. Also saw their whole game vs the Knicks on Sunday. Very similar games in terms of blowing leads. With the Knicks they failed to finish the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, quarters. With the Magic they just collapsed in the second half after having a 20 point + lead.

Now, he might be in the hot seat, but I think undeservedly so. Any coach with this team is gonna have great expectations. But it seems to me that when they are winning it's to the player's credit but when they lose it's Spo's fault. I feel like you can't have it both ways.

Last night Wade didn't do anything the second half and LeBron turned passive. They need to keep their foot on the pedal and not let up. I'm not sure if that can be contributed fully that to the coach. I voted warm but I don't think Spoelstra is a bad coach. Although why wasn't House on the floor at the end of the game.

Edited by RadioKiller, 04 March 2011 - 12:34 PM.

#9 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:32 PM

I don't know but I hope he stays. It's absolutely hilarious seeing the team that was supposed to break the Bulls record fail week in week out :rofl:

is this the 4th game in recent weeks where Lebrick has bricked the game winner? :rofl:

#10 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:43 PM

it's funny when you see the thread title from the main forum page it says 'how hot is erik spoelstra'

i was thinking, wow, bobcats fans are bored

#11 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:05 PM

You know, beyond Wade and James, that team is terrible.

Honestly I think Bosh was a terrible signing. They need a legit big man, Bosh is soft.

#12 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,385 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:25 PM

I agree with Bosh being a terrible signing. There was a play in last nights game where Bosh tried to lay it up, and got stuffed pretty easily. He looked weak as fug. He's marshmellow soft, and the Heat need a legit big man. I see they got clumsy a** Dampier, but that wont be enough to get them by Bos, NY, or Orl. Shoot, they might have trouble with the ATLiens.
Oh, and I think Spoelstra's seat is cold. If Riley was going to do something, he would've done it earlier or right after the all star break.

#13 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:39 PM

:rofl:

Lebron misses the game winning LAYUP

Heat are now 1-16 on potential game winning shots, with Eddie House being the only one to succeed :lol:

championship team? :rofl:

#14 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:27 PM

i used to be a huge heat fan before they got shaq, i can tell you dwyane wade is the one guy in the NBA who i'd have with the ball late in a game. idk why they keep going to lebron it's moronic and pat riley knows better, mick arison knows better, the heat fans know better, and anyone who knows anything about basketball knows better.

d wade has won playoff games in the clutch he's won an nba championship after being down 0-2.

lebron has choked year after year...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users