Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the NAACP awards

24 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I was watching a DVR'd show last night and seen the ads for this.

Doesn't something like this put more of a wedge in race relations? Is a show like this really needed? Thirty years ago I may understand, but now, it seems pointless. Question: What if a white people group had a award show, how would that go? Double standard?

Posted · Report post

They do, its called the country music awards

Posted · Report post

sick burn....

Posted · Report post

I could see the point, but I'm sure if a black artist came along that was good in that genre they would at least be up for awards.

Posted · Report post

Minorities counter that with the NBA All star game

Posted · Report post

Angelina Jolie was nominated for a NAACP award.

Posted · Report post

I could see the point, but I'm sure if a black artist came along that was good in that genre they would at least be up for awards.

I guess you missed the whole Eminem phenomenom

Edit: wait...were we talking BET???

Damn

Posted · Report post

I guess you missed the whole Eminem phenomenom

I made it a point to.

Posted · Report post

I felt more welcome when I went to the Klan awards.

Posted · Report post

white, black, asian, latino, all won naacp awards at that show. you'd be aware of that if you actually watched it instead of seeing an ad and jumping to pretending you're a victim.

Posted · Report post

see rucker, darius

Posted · Report post

white, black, asian, latino, all won naacp awards at that show. you'd be aware of that if you actually watched it instead of seeing an ad and jumping to pretending you're a victim.

I looked at the winners, smart guy (and no Jolie wasn't even up for awards, this year at least). If you look at the nominees on a lot of topics, you'd see that a lot are on there just cause they are black. Tyler Perry's house of Payne? Come on guys. It's not a point of who the nominees are, it's a point as in, if black people want equality, why do they make an extra step(s) to separate themselves away from everyone else? Doesn't make sense, it's not like black people aren't getting awards on the other shows. And no, I'm not pretending I'm a victim, I just feel like black people make an extra effort to divide things even more (Sharpton/Jackson some good examples).