Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:21 PM

Actually it is until a CBA is reached.

We can't do anything until a CBA is reached, including coach the rookies we draft.

#62 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:21 PM

not before Andrew Luck declared...

We were gonna take Cam anyway. Can you show me a quote or link from Hurney or JR that we were going to draft Andrew Luck #1 overall without needing to see a combine or go thru an interview process?

#63 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:22 PM

Because we've been down this road. How has that worked out for us? Gap-stop QB? NO THANKS. sick of it. We desperately need a franchise QB to survive in this league, not a Marc Bulger or Hasselbeck. Sure, bring them in and lets see if they can help our drafted franchise QB, I'm all for that.

I agree we need a franchise QB.

Problem is I don't think any of the guys available in the draft are franchise QBs.

#64 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,470 posts

We were gonna take Cam anyway. Can you show me a quote or link from Hurney or JR that we were going to draft Andrew Luck #1 overall without needing to see a combine or go thru an interview process?

:shocked:

didn't you hear the reports the day after JR's presser we would take Luck #1?

#65 Knaakedup

Knaakedup

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Its not guarnteed we get a Vet at QB. They gotta want to come to Carolina first.

Free Agency pool for Quaterbacks.
Alex Smith (SF)
Marc Bulger (BAL)
Todd Collins (CHI)
Caleb Hanie (CHI)
Brady Quinn (DEN)
Drew Stanton (DET)
Trent Edwards (JAC)
Luke McCown (JAC)
Brodie Croyle (KC)
Chad Pennington (MIA)
Tyler Thigpen (MIA)
Tarvaris Jackson (MIN)
Jim Sorgi (NYG)
Kellen Clemens (NYJ)
Kyle Boller (OAK)
Bruce Gradkowski (OAK)
Dennis Dixon (PIT)
Billy Volek (SD)
Troy Smith (SF)
Kerry Collins (TEN)
Rex Grossman (WAS)
Brett Favre (MIN)
Matt Leinart (HOU)

Which One you guys like..?

... looks like we are well on our way to a superbowl with any of these guys, cant beleive they weren't snatched up before the lockout.

#66 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:23 PM

We can't do anything until a CBA is reached, including coach the rookies we draft.

You said it wasn't against the rules when it is. I was yanking your chain. I realize that.

#67 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:24 PM

:shocked:

didn't you hear the reports the day after JR's presser we would take Luck #1?

"speculation"

Surely a quote from Hurney or JR saying "we will draft Luck" should be easy to find right?

#68 Stumpy

Stumpy

Cam Ward Trolls Hard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationHickory

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:25 PM

If you are not completely infatuated with this one particular black guy, then you are Super-KKK-Hitler blah blah blah afraid of winning blah blah blah

Fixed

#69 Knaakedup

Knaakedup

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

I agree we need a franchise QB.

Problem is I don't think any of the guys available in the draft are franchise QBs.

Somebody is gonna take him... would'nt we look awfully silly if he did pan out to be great? Not often that we are in this position, and frankly, I dont wanna be in this position again. That would mean having to endure another season like that which gives me nightmares. You have to take a gamble at some point, we dont have many options.

#70 PantherDude

PantherDude

Best of luck, Coach Fox!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,373 posts

Or we don't feel that Newton is the best path to winning.

The notion that anyone opposed to Newton is happy with losing is easily the stupidest thing posted on this board.

Yep. He is always making up outrageous lies & excuses along with being quite midly racist with wanting a black QB & diss someone who is better in Luck. Sad really the race thing has switch around.

#71 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,470 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:26 PM

"speculation"

Surely a quote from Hurney or JR saying "we will draft Luck" should be easy to find right?

How about a quote saying we'll draft Newton?

None exists. But the Panthers organization deliberately leaked we'd take Luck so that he KNEW he'd go #1, because news organizations at the time were saying JR wouldn't pay a QB at #1 so we wouldn't take Luck.

#72 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:26 PM

"speculation"

About as easy to find as one that says we were taking Newton.

Explain to me again why Jerry Richardson called Luck to discuss his decision if we were just going to take Newton anyway?

(guessing you're trolling; but allowing for the fact that maybe you really are this stupid) :nonod:

#73 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 2,968 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:27 PM

I never said Jimmy did good, I just think your looking with clouded glasses if you think Newton will come in and do a better job than Jimmy.

Didn't saint pierre come in and throw more touchdowns than jimmy in one game all season? anyone can come in and do better than jimmy with marginal talent.

#74 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:28 PM

Somebody is gonna take him... would'nt we look awfully silly if he did pan out to be great? Not often that we are in this position, and frankly, I dont wanna be in this position again. That would mean having to endure another season like that which gives me nightmares. You have to take a gamble at some point, we dont have many options.

About as silly as we'll look if we take him number one and he's a total bust.

Difference being that besides us looking silly, it also means we blew the number one pick in the draft.

#75 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,470 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:28 PM

Only if our guy wasn't great and we don't successfully address the QB spot. The same can be said of ANY player we were to draft, though.

What happens if Newton busts and Gabbert, Peterson, Dareus, Fairley or Green end up looking like HOFers?? Would we look awfully silly for passing on them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.